Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moylussa. Highest peak in Clare

• 24-03-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭

Anybody been to the top? Is it very boggy? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

We were always told going to school that Mount Callan was the highest in Clare. Where is Moylussa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

finbarrk wrote: »
    We were always told going to school that Mount Callan was the highest in Clare. Where is Moylussa?
    me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

maryb26 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say that I live closeby and I've never climbed it. Will you post some pics if you climb it. The views from there should be stunning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I was always told that too, but Mount Callan is 1283 Ft and Mount Moylussa is 1746 Feet, and it's located Just West-North-West of Killaloe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I was always told that too, but Mount Callan is 1283 Ft and Mount Moylussa is 1746 Feet, and it's located Just West-North-West of Killaloe

But the thing with Moylussa is that it's down in a hollow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I wonder did Moylussa grown or Mount Callan shrink because I was sure Mt C was the tallest :). Sorry OP have never climbed it. Go after a dry period and early in the year before everything grows like crazy would be my advise.

Advertisement