Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bison and Ostrich Meat in Dublin/Online

Options
  • 24-03-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Anyone have any good suggestions on where to find this in butchers or available online?
    I used to get a lot of bison meat when I lived in America and have had ostrich when I was in SA.
    Would love to try cooking with it hear. Buffalo burgers are fantastic and much lower in fat that regular beef. Would be willing order it online if others have tried it before.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

JonnyF wrote: »
    Anyone have any good suggestions on where to find this in butchers or available online?
    I used to get a lot of bison meat when I lived in America and have had ostrich when I was in SA.
    Would love to try cooking with it hear. Buffalo burgers are fantastic and much lower in fat that regular beef. Would be willing order it online if others have tried it before.

thanks

Downey's Butcher in Terenure sells both of them. The Buffalo is Irish bred and is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

You could try Superquinn - they sold bison about 6 or 7 years ago, can't remember about the ostrich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Darkginger wrote: »
    You could try Superquinn - they sold bison about 6 or 7 years ago, can't remember about the ostrich.

Normally Superquinn does a once-off thing.
    I remember they did crocodile medallions.

Ostrich meat in that butcher in Terenure is spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lidl is selling ostrich at the moment

Advertisement