Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where will Jose be next season?

• 24-03-2011 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Following his comments about "unfinished business" in England, it is obvious that he will one day be back in England. But when, and with whom?

Will Fergie step aside if he sees the right man available?

Will Man City go for him should they fail to qualify for the CL?

Will Roman eat some humble pie and get the man best equipped to get them his ultimate grail?

Or will he stay put at Real?

My guess would be Ancellotti will be out on his ass after winning nothing and Jose will resume control at the club he should have never been sacked from.

Where will Jose go next? 96 votes

Stay put at Real?
    0%
    Man Utd
    73%
    SickBoyPHBDempseypickarooneyT-b0n3Diddy KongMaceFaceMr. PresentableA Dub in GlasgoBeekayCorkMandor83Mitch ConnorJulezKinetic^#15eventJPANailztolosenc 71 votes
    Chelsea
    4%
    PaulwLe KingeugeneiousLuckyGent88 4 votes
    Man City
    9%
    gimmickBrando_ieGonzovisionstakerLukker-pistolpetes11BodhisophaPinturicchioThe Floyd p 9 votes
    Other
    12%
    applehunterfred funk }{JerryHandbagThe DavestatorDozen Wicked WordsCantGetNoSleepL'profkearneybobsuncleoswaldriceroPauletaPredator_ 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Man Utd
    I presume he will stay at Madrid.

If they sack Jose, the chances of them matching Barcelona in the league and winning the CL are only going to get slimmer.

It's downhill after Jose, I'm afraid. There's no better manager available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Man Utd
    I read in the Guardian last week that it would cost Real 60m to sack him and if a club were to come in for him this summer, it would cost the incoming club 20m.

Can't see it happening this season I'm afraid.

I do think Jose wants the United job - or else go back to Chelsea. The Man City job? I don't think so, but only because I believe he wants the United job so bad.

He will prob stay at Real another season (Specially if Barac win the league) and then we wait and see what happens with Fergie next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Man City
    He has, apparently, already patched things up with Abramovic, so when he goes back i reckon it will be to Chelsea.

Man Utd
    Bodhisopha wrote: »
    He has, apparently, already patched things up with Abramovic, so when he goes back i reckon it will be to Chelsea.

Link?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

the way jose should see it is this.... Barca's core (minus messi) is aging. His core (minus Carvalho) is just coming into its prime.

In 2/3 years the current Real Team will be a lot stronger than the current Barca's team, provided they get the right people in to strengthen certain areas.

But Di Maria - Ozil - ronaldo - Higeuin are just going to get better and better as a group where as Xavi - Puyol - Abidal - Alves - Villa are all on the down turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Man City
    Link?

Sid Lowe or Graham Hunter said it on Newstalk. No link that i know of, sorry.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Either at Real, or else as a wildcard choice, I'll go for Bayern.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Man Utd
    Seaneh wrote: »
    the way jose should see it is this.... Barca's core (minus messi) is aging. His core (minus Carvalho) is just coming into its prime.

In 2/3 years the current Real Team will be a lot stronger than the current Barca's team, provided they get the right people in to strengthen certain areas.

But Di Maria - Ozil - ronaldo - Higeuin are just going to get better and better as a group where as Xavi - Puyol - Abidal - Alves - Villa are all on the down turn.

It's a good point but 2/3 years is way beyond the limits of the Real owner's patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Man Utd
    Hopefully he stays where he is so we don't have to listen to his claptrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I think he will be at Real next season, but does anyone else think his next job might be Bayern? To kill time until Fergie retires. One of Europe's powerhouses with the history, fans and resources to attract him. And greatness intrigues him IMO, another league championship + Champions League in a different country to add to his collection would make him possibly the greatest of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Man City
    I think he will be at Real next season, but does anyone else think his next job might be Bayern? To kill time until Fergie retires. One of Europe's powerhouses with the history, fans and resources to attract him. And greatness intrigues him IMO, another league championship + Champions League in a different country to add to his collection would make him possibly the greatest of all time.

No, he said his next job will be in England.

Man Utd

I don't think the German league would interest him tbh.

There are far bigger challenges out there, and he has said he wants to get back to England ASAP anyhow.

But then again, there is the attraction you have pointed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

Man Utd
    Ireland job ?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Man City
    Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Sid Lowe or Graham Hunter said it on Newstalk. No link that i know of, sorry.

Yeah, Graham Hunter said it on Revista de La Liga and I think Sid Lowe said it on Football Weekly too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Man Utd
    I think Real will win or 2 trophies this season.

Barca won't beat them in 4 of 4 matches (I'm assuming both Barca and Real will beat Shakthar and Spurs btw)

Man Utd
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think Real will win or 2 trophies this season.

Barca won't beat them in 4 of 4 matches (I'm assuming both Barca and Real will beat Shakthar and Spurs btw)

I have to agree, and anyone thinking that they would get thumped at the Nou Camp again if they meet in the CL is deluded.

I can't see their players or Mourinho letting it happen again and Barca haven't hit that sort of form in a long time either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Man Utd
    Another year or two in Spain, then to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Chelsea
    Can't see him leaving Madrid without winning CL and or La Liga tbh and i think he wants the Utd job.... It's the club that most suits him and i think i remember reading something about a clause in his Madrid contract allowing him to join Utd for no compensation but i may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Man Utd
    He'll stay, and manage to convince them to let him buy some defensive players. They'll be unstoppable then. With a home record like it is this season, sorting out the away performances could have him looking realistically for 34/35 wins in the league next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Man Utd
    Since when do we get to deciede his faith??:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Man Utd
    THFC wrote: »
    Since when do we get to deciede his faith??:pac:

I've always seen him as a Buddhist myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

master-t wrote: »
    I read in the Guardian last week that it would cost Real 60m to sack him and if a club were to come in for him this summer, it would cost the incoming club 20m.

Can't see it happening this season I'm afraid.

I do think Jose wants the United job - or else go back to Chelsea. The Man City job? I don't think so, but only because I believe he wants the United job so bad.

He will prob stay at Real another season (Specially if Barac win the league) and then we wait and see what happens with Fergie next season.

Pretty sure that both sides are allowed to walk away at the end of the season without any financial penalty. Almost certain that I read as much in numerous Spanish media sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Man Utd
    I think he'll stay at Real for another year then either United or City.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Either at Real, or else as a wildcard choice, I'll go for Bayern.

Jupp Heynckes will take over at Bayern in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

He'll stay at RM

Man U - they are broke and unlikely to afford the sort of players he would want.
    Chelsea - been there done that, too much water under the bridge, and annoys Roman by attracting too much bad publicity as well as negative football
    Man City - football wouldnt be an improvement on whats there now, plus the bad publicity etc

Advertisement