Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Regeneration affected where you live?

• 24-03-2011 2:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Reading through the thread on Rhebogue it seems alot of people advise not to live there,same with Westbury
    Ive seen Dooradoyle/Raheen get alot rougher,ud see alot of scobes around that you wouldnt see before
    It cant be all Regeneration is it?Or is it private renting gone very wrong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It is to an extent the regeneration. Raheen has seen an enormous rise in burglaries in the past few months but that could also be contributed to the economic downturn.
    There are a lot of houses for rent and some are used by the Healthboard, Council and the like which often enough un-desirables move in. Its a bit of a joke when people are paying for their own houses and people seem to be getting them for free.

Its our society thats totally fvked up, when its acceptable for some young wan to become pregnant and get a free house and whatever else they get for squeezing a baba out through their legs. Hardly encouraging for someone to go through college, get a job, try and pay for their mortgage!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Any where past Raheen food stores seems to have become like Shameless

Which side bigpink? If you mean the Huntsfield side - I would agree with you. That house on the left after the shop is a disgrace. I feel really sorry for the neighbours who seem to keep their house in good order. Is that side of Raheen not Dooradoyle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Say from the shops down to Huntsfield yes,not sure of the Raheen/dooradoyle boundary

from Google once you get to the roundabout after the shop its Dooradoyle although some houses in between could be either raheen or dooradoyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Most of the muppets in Raheen/Dooradoyle are wannabe scum. Any of them near me all come from respectable families so god only knows where the accent/attitude come from.

The robbery situation has gone mental for sure. Houses on Fr Russell Road/Oakfield/Church rd etc are being hit 2/3 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Most of the muppets in Raheen/Dooradoyle are wannabe scum. Any of them near me all come from respectable families so god only knows where the accent/attitude come from.

We used to call them "halfknacks", most grow out of it by their early 20's but I guess that's no consolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

We used to call them "halfknacks", most grow out of it by their early 20's but I guess that's no consolation.
    wackers ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Its sickening to see what has become of this area as soon as I can I hope to sell up and move out the country Im fed up of getting up to go to work in the morning knowing that the neighbours are still lying in bed and cant even be bothered to get up and take their kids to school. Also something which I think points the way is the amount of dogs left out roaming in estates among kids pooing where they will forming packs and roaming

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Havent noticed anything different in Westbury, im originally from Shannon which has really gone to shít lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Westbury as well, haven't noticed a thing.

Its sickening to see what has become of this area as soon as I can I hope to sell up and move out the country Im fed up of getting up to go to work in the morning knowing that the neighbours are still lying in bed and cant even be bothered to get up and take their kids to school. Also something which I think points the way is the amount of dogs left out roaming in estates among kids pooing where they will forming packs and roaming

You might want to rethink that. Life isnt as peachy in the countryside!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DesLyons

I live in Moyross and I havnt seen much of the regeneration . Except a few new people moved into our estate ( Cosgrave ) . It used to be quiet around this part but not any more. All these little wanker families are been moved in and there kids are little ****s.

Was reading threw a few the other posts about Raheen & westbury . To me raheen has was never that quiet of an area at least not all of it . Dont mean its ruff but its just like any regular estate.

Westbury is a lovely spot , the houses there are unreal and there so much to do in the estate itself for the kids. Would give anything get my family a house there.

There's all talk of these new houses been built and people being re- homed but there was roomers of no one in Cosgrave getting them , which isnt fair because at the end of the day we still have the same address as every one else here. Everyone will ( supposedly ) have get guard clearance before getting a house but say if some scobe doesn't get a house that dont mean his girlfriend wont get one or his mother.

We put in to be transfered ages ago but the chances of being moved are slim. Especially the way the system works. Say if your have your name down for house and your on the list 5 years and there 5 in your family , if a house comes up and its only a 3 bedroom house they give the house to some one with say 4 people ( 2 parent & 2 kids ) even if they just put in for a new house

Its not fair either on people living in decent estates like westbury having to put up with these **** head been moved into there estate but you remember not every one here are bad people.

Advertisement