Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where do u get a respectable hair cut in limerick?

• 24-03-2011 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

whats the going rate for a dry adults hair cut?

i am leaving my hair grow longer these days and find a wash and cut give a better finish , i think dry cut suites clippers more so..

longer hair need to be done with a skilled barber with a scissors..

what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I have tried a few places, they all ****ed it up and couldnt do what I asked

went into peter marks and let their hairdressing students at it and got a far better hair cut

I have heard good things about foxes bow though if you have a problem going into a hairdressers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

The Polish (i think) bloke that works in the barbers across from Bourkes on Catherine street is good with the scissors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Razors in Thomondgate are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

modern man on sarsfield street is very good but a tad expensive.15 for adult 12 for a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Gavin and Moores in Thomas St. I got a scissors cut there a few weeks back and was happy. Think it was €13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I go to Da Vinchi's on Thomas St. for the last few years, €13 for a dry cut and they do a grand job :P (Infact just got it done again today :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Going by those prices I'm going into town anymore to get a hair cut! Out in Raheen its a complete rip off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Kess73 wrote: »
    Razors in Thomondgate are excellent.

Haha worst haircut I ever got was in that place! Wouldn't go near it if they were paying me to cut my hair!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Figaro's on Bedford Row is the best place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Eddies there in the alleyway accross from where PJ's bar used to be.

Nigel runs it , top bloke, and gives a good cut for 13 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Very surprised nobody's mentioned Stapleton's on O'Connell Street.
    The guy is right out of a different era, but he does great hair-cuts for €10 a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Retro barbers on Denmark St are good.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

second that for retro always get a good cut there and the staff are lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Goodfellas are brilliant too, a bit expensive but i always get a good cut from them.....their based in foxes box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Mc Love wrote: »
    Figaro's on Bedford Row is the best place!

Hmmm...every time i have gone in there to get my hair cut the price has gone up!! Too expensive imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Dave that used to work in identity on the old cratloe road is coming back as far as I know good haircut there IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Been using Modern Man myself the last few years,€15 a cut tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Very surprised nobody's mentioned Stapleton's on O'Connell Street.
    The guy is right out of a different era, but he does great hair-cuts for €10 a go.

Pat is a gem for sure and a complete gent. Not been there in years but he has been cutting my dad's hair (no much of it left now) for 40 years. Might head in there tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Hmmm...every time i have gone in there to get my hair cut the price has gone up!! Too expensive imo.

IMO you get what you pay for.. Everytime I have gone in, the price is the same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Knights on catherine st, longside where javas used to be. Bein going there for years, cheap and the lads are sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scissors1

Karol does a good job in Mallow Street. No messing or hanging around. Friendly place at 14 quid . deals during the middle of week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi Karol. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

scissors1 wrote: »
    Karol does a good job in Mallow Street. No messing or hanging around. Friendly place at 14 quid . deals during the middle of week

Are you shearing sheep or what Karol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

isnt her lads surely she could spell her own name !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

RVN10 wrote: »
    Dave that used to work in identity on the old cratloe road is coming back as far as I know good haircut there IMO

Dave is heading back to the old Cratloe road? Last I knew he was in Patrickswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I've started going back to garveys there on denmark street, used to go in there as a kid, 12 euro and he did a fine job altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Blades on Thomas street.

Have dropped their prices and do a class job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Second Blades as well.
    But ask for the Turkish lad [Iskander ??] who works there.
    He is IMHO the only qualified barber in the shop.
    The rest of them are hopeless!!He's so good he can actually burn the hairs off your ear with a fire trick that cant be trimmed properly.:eek:
    Havent come across any Irish barber who can do that.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

I heard of a place were you can get cheap haircuts...reason they are cheap is because the hairdressers are in training:D

Its kind of like a hairdressing academy, but i heard about the place a few years ago, is it still around?

• Advertisement
Advertisement