Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10k at the K

• 24-03-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Anyone running the 10k BHAA race in the K club on Saturday April 16th? Missed this last year & heard very positive reports from those who made it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

AJCOT wrote: »
    Anyone running the 10k BHAA race in the K club on Saturday April 16th? Missed this last year & heard very positive reports from those who made it. :)

Ah nuts, didn't realise it was that weekend... Missed the NCF night time race last night and now this, they were two of my favourite races of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Heard great things about it last year too so instead of doing the Dunboyne 4 and GI 10k am thinking of doing the BHAA St. Paul's 4 on the 10th and then the K club 10k. It better be good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

This was class last year. Just a small hill at the start and finish but the rest is flat country roads. Good support from the few locals along the route. Its a definate PB course. Loads of grub after in the Mick Smurfit club house. And all for a tenner. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

gerard65 wrote: »
    This was class last year. Just a small hill at the start and finish but the rest is flat country roads. Good support from the few locals along the route. Its a definate PB course. Loads of grub after in the Mick Smurfit club house. And all for a tenner. ;)

sold

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Another one I'm missing, be in Belgium. Would love to do this one. Trying to get out to BHAA races has been a nightmare, they need to run their calander by me next year(are ye reading? :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

This will come up for discussion at the next committee meeting, item no.1 on the agenda,:pac: "Talk to the Queen before determining the 2012 calendar".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Definitely a race for good fast time and good food.

As this race is so near Easter, there's an eggstra treat with a creme egg for every finisher compliments of Spar.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

+1 on this Race. It was definitely one of the better bhaa races of last year. Hoping to get a pb there all going well

Spot on, great PB potential according to anyone who ran last year. :)

• Advertisement

Forecast for Saturday (16/04) is for a dry, sunny day.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Whats the best way to K club coming from the Lucan Direction? How long of journey is it to it?

Its ok, i found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Guys
    Do I just register and pay on the day or can I do it online?????

Thanks
    GL

If you're a bhaa member, just pay your €10 on the day (26 races per annum for €15 membership) . If not, get there early with your €15 or alternatively register in advance online at www.runireland.com

Do get there early as we expect big numbers to run at 11 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Thanks to AJCOT and the rest of the BHAA team for a great race.

Well organised, a flat course through quiet roads, luxurious showers (with sauna and steam-room if you fancied it), and a lovely feed afterwards - I stuffed myself with chicken wings, sausages and buns! And all this for €10, with profits going to charity - that's unbelievable value.

It was a PB for me but it was my first 10K so that was guaranteed. I went out with the aim of enjoying myself and as an alternative to a boring run on my own - a shout-out from AJ on the commentary at the end helped pull me over the line at sub-51 which I'm delighted with. All in all a good day out and definitely one for the diary next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

runrabbit wrote: »

Well organised, a flat course through quiet roads, luxurious showers (with sauna and steam-room if you fancied it), and a lovely feed afterwards - I stuffed myself with chicken wings, sausages and buns! And all this for €10, with profits going to charity - that's unbelievable value.

It was a PB for me but it was my first 10K so that was guaranteed. I went out with the aim of enjoying myself and as an alternative to a boring run on my own - a shout-out from AJ on the commentary at the end helped pull me over the line at sub-51 which I'm delighted with. All in all a good day out and definitely one for the diary next year.

Wow that puts the GIR to shame doesn't it? , would love to do this next year.

runrabbit wrote: »
    a shout-out from AJ on the commentary at the end helped pull me over the line at sub-51 which I'm delighted with. All in all a good day out and definitely one for the diary next year.
    AJ was having great fun on the microphone, I believed they could'nt get it off him at the end. He wanted to bring it home:D

Thanks for a great day lads. Great course, organisation, feed showers and the rest. If this doesn't win BHAA race of the year I will be shocked.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

Agree with all that's been said - great race today, fast course and well organised. My first time running this race and would definitely do it again. Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EdMoses

Likewise, really enjoyed the race and a nice PB also :) Thanks to all for the organisation. Delighted to hear the proceeds going to such a worthy cause too.

AJ was having great fun on the microphone, I believed they could'nt get it off him at the end. He wanted to bring it home:D

Glad to hear so many enjoyed this race, loads of helpers (BHAA & other) plus Gerry Byrne at the K Club made this a great day out. I still have the microphone in my hand at home & a "For Sale" sign is going up next door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

unreal spread put on afterwards - never seen anything like it at any race!!
    Well done to the organisers down there.

trihead:)

Out of interest, what distance did people get on their garmins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭plodder

6.17 miles, which is close enough considering GPS accuracy and all that.

Great race. Thanks to AJCOT and the crew. Really enjoyed it, and I think it was a PB as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

6.19 miles. Excellant race!

10.11 km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

was there me self,but didnt run,usual very well organised bhaa race and i even got a nice lunch wit me kids:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

My first 10K here, very good race, 50 Mins which I was happy with, great organisation and really whet the appetite for more runs.
    Have to say it was very nice of the residents to show support on the route the way that they did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement