Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omnia windows Vs HTC Android

Options
  • 24-03-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I want to upgrade my phone soon but I have limited options they are

Samsung omnia 7
    I owned an older omnia that had windows mobile on it. Absolute worst phone I've ever owned every aspect of it was terrible both hardware and software. So I'm pained to add it to the list.

The HTC Desire range from the desire to the Z to the HD.

The Z looks ok bar the fold out keyboard.

The phone would be linking up to a windows 7 PC.

I can get the omnia for €50 which seems like a fairly good deal. Desire for €50 and Z for €100 and the HD for €130.

Which one should I choose? If I got a better price on the Z or HD would it be a bit of a no brainer to go for one of those?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Personally I'd wait about 2 months, most of those phones are based on older technology

But if you need it now, if it was my choice at those prices I'd go for the Desire

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Now it looks like my choice could be between a HTC HD7, Nokia N8 or HTC Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Out of this I'd go for the HD7 with N8 a close second

HTC Smart is not even a smartphone imo

I would still either wait or look for a Desire though, if you are being tied into a contract don't let some clown in a phone shop force a phone that you don't like but will be stuck with for 12/18 months on you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hey you can have a look here at my review of HD7 vs Omnia 7. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71025304&postcount=681 and Windows Phone 7 thread here~

Stay away from HTC Smart...Its really nothing good to waste your money on.

N8 is ok but due to the fact that Nokia are moving to Windows Phone 7 operating system it will become redudant. Unless you really need a better camera over the whole lot.

If your willing to buy over the internet or adverts.ie you can pick up a brand new Omnia 7 for 350 quid . I got a brand new one for 250 and the reciept on adverts.ie

I think their 325 pound on amazon or some other website. Omnia 7 is a complete revamp. Nothing like the previous ones. OS is brand new and build quality and hardware is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The HD7 looks pretty decent I don't think I'd be disappointed with it. While the Samsung phones are tempting I'm not buying another Omnia after the experience I had, even samsungs service was pretty disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I'm just giving my experience if u pop down to a three shop they have some on live display.

I'm not a fan of Samsung. But in this case they made a better phone in my experience. Though 8GB of memory is a bummer.

Advertisement