If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stands for Mordaunt Short speakers

Options
  • 24-03-2011 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a pair of stands for Mordaunt Short Avant 902i speakers.

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

shayser wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a pair of stands for Mordaunt Short Avant 902i speakers.

Thanks.

Shay,

thanks for the opportunity to quote!

I would recommend the Pixel T80 at just £49.95 which are a single column 80cm high stand - there are also the T50's which are just 50Cm high (if you can get away with a lower stand) which we do at £39.95.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands-brackets/pixel/t80/pixe-t80-stand

Give us a shout if you feel the urge to unleash the beast 9ie open the wallet!)

We have both available in stock today ready to ship,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks John.

Are the bases spiked? They'll be on tiles.

How are the speakers attached? Do they just sit on top? Do you think the stands would be sturdy enough if the speakers were not screwed on?

Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

shayser wrote: »
    Thanks John.

Are the bases spiked? They'll be on tiles.

How are the speakers attached? Do they just sit on top? Do you think the stands would be sturdy enough if the speakers were not screwed on?

Thanks again.

Shay,

Yep they are spiked and the speaker is just designed to sit on top - I would not recommend screwing the speaker to the stand as this damages the cabinet and may actually set up all types of unwnted resonances - I would strongly recommend that you use use blu-tak to secure the speakers to the stand and also if you don't want to use spikes on your tiles - again I would use blutak on the bases - blutak actually does more then secure the speakers and stands as it is quite an inert material and cuts down on the potential for unwanted secondaries - it's one of the best kept secret hifi tweaks and in my own tweaky days all my separates had blutak under each foot!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

OK, provided the spikes can be omitted these seem ideal. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.