Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MLB 2011 Season

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

What's the story with the tickets? You don't actually buy them this early do you? I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the US next summer again so I wouldn't mind picking up some better tickets early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    What's the story with the tickets? You don't actually buy them this early do you? I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the US next summer again so I wouldn't mind picking up some better tickets early.
    For single games no, most teams will push season tickets for next year or postseason tickets this time of year. Later in the year it will be spring training tickets, after that it will be the multipacks. Single game tickets are always last to go on sale usually in the new year. Every team has different dates so you'll need to check the team's ticket webpages.

Last year I remember Phillies single game tickets went on sale mid-Feb, Yankees tickets towards the end of march. I think for any team other than the Red Sox, you can probably get decent enough tickets upto a few days before the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Here's a summary of my Seattle Mariners 2011 season:

http://www.soundersfc.com/

In other words, yet another losing season is not f**king good enough.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Coeus wrote: »
    I think for any team other than the Red Sox, you can probably get decent enough tickets upto a few days before the game...

and in the case of the mets, they can't give them away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

A brilliant end of the season with both Wild Card races tied. Would love to see the two races go to the extra day.

Red Sox have been brutal and would rather to see the Rays get in. They deserve it more and at least have some serviceable pitching for the post season.

Neither team deserves it in the NL. Atlanta has clearly burned out and St. Louis isn't that good. SF if it had any offense would still be in with a chance of repeating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

How come if Boston and Tampa both end up with the same result it goes to a one game playoff in Tropicana Field? Was there a coin toss or something?

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    How come if Boston and Tampa both end up with the same result it goes to a one game playoff in Tropicana Field? Was there a coin toss or something?
    The home team is determined on the record between the teams this season. I think the Rays won that 12-6 or something like that...

Coeus wrote: »
    The home team is determined on the record between the teams this season. I think the Rays won that 12-6 or something like that...

In the NL, the Cardinals have a 5-1 record over the Braves so if they've got to play tomorrow too, it'll be in St. Louis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

What a f**king ending!! Watched it live here in Boston. The commentators are just in a daze!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Holy sh*t :eek:
    I had a look at the scores after about 6 innings and thought..no way, TB aren't coming back from 7-0 down, and Boston were up 3-2 during a rain delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Stayed up till about half 2 to keep up with the games, and I honestly thought the Sox were locked in for at least tiebreak, no way I saw Tampa coming back against NYY. Fucking nasty surprise when I woke up this morning.

Pretty pissed at how the last month has gone. I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed, with the pitching problems, Texas would have ripped Boston apart in the ALDS anyway.

Still, what a bollocks of a night.

Sounds like some night, gutted I couldnt stay up. Red Sox game was on here but I only managed a hour. Rays were down 5-0 and Red Sox were leading. Couldn't believe the turnaround when I checked this morning. Think Rays have a better chance in the playoffs with their starting pitching.

Big questions to be asked of Red Sox after all the money they have spent.

Braves blew it aswell although I thought that was more likely to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Sox really screwed the pooch in September, what a collapse! :eek:
    Braves did something similar. Why do we bother??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Unreal finish to the season. Unthinkable that the Red Sox couldn't make the post season when you look at the division standings from the beginning of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

As pointed out above, the Sox pitching is woeful.
    The playoffs would have destroyed them, they only have 2 (stuttering) trustable starting pitchers.
    Could have been so different had Bucholtz not got injured and Bedard stepped up to the plate.
    I think Lackey is one of teh worst starting pitchers around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I actually cant believe it, i'm gutted how did the sox not get in. I can imagine the inquisiton in Boston today at how the yankees could lose a 7 run lead in the 8th inning.

Hopefully now the sox can sort out this awful pitching and for the love of christ shoot John Lackey out of a canon over the monster

Iang87 wrote: »
    I actually cant believe it, i'm gutted how did the sox not get in. I can imagine the inquisiton in Boston today at how the yankees could lose a 7 run lead in the 8th inning.

Hopefully now the sox can sort out this awful pitching and for the love of christ shoot John Lackey out of a canon over the monster

At least this collapse supersedes the Mets one in '07 as the biggest in recent years so that collapse won't be talked about as much any more which will be nice

I think Lackey is one of teh worst starting pitchers around.
    +1

And they are paying him so much money they have to play him :eek:

The Crawford contract dont look too smart either, he has regressed offensively and defensively this season and they dont have a place for him in the lineup with the emergence of Ellsbury. I guess the Rays are having the last laugh on that one now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Francona leaving Sox according to Sportscenter

Francona leaving Sox according to Sportscenter
    This seems to be on all the US sports sites now, apparently his contract is up and they aint picking up the option. He'll probably be first in line for a job at the White Sox if he wants to continue working...

Epstein should get the boot for all the bad contracts he has dished out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Francona going i'm not stunned about but I think last year they missed the playoffs cos of injuries and this year the pitching came round to haunt them in the end so is that completely on Francona would be my question

Advertisement