Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presentation Night 31st March 2011 Alexander Hotel 8PM

Options
  • 24-03-2011 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Just a reminder that the presentation night is on next Thursday, March 31st.

Presentation Night Details

Venue: Alexander Hotel, Fenian Street, Dublin 2
    Date: Thursday March 31st
    Time: From 8pm
    Entertainment: Race Night in aid of Our Ladys Hospital, Crumlin.

Prizes in the following categories:

Winners - that's Boardeaux
    Runners Up
    Third Place
    Best Defence - we should win this
    Top Scorer
    Top Goalkeeper - and this too

All are welcome.

Pints somewhere first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Where's the Manager awards??

Yea Deffo on for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pints before for definite too, and we'll have to find a pub that will fill the trophy with drink too for afterwards. :D

I've booked the next day off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Enjoy lads, well deserved! When are the friendlies starting up Desmond?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

wooohooo pints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Will Be There But It Will Be About 8 O Clock When I Get In
    And Is The Prizes Like Best Defence, Top Scorer Best Keeper For Every League
    Oh And By The Way We Will Not Have Ketamine In THe Summer League This Year Talking To One Of The Fellas On Friday And Said It To Me

• Advertisement

So that's me, Mick, Keith, Clay and Gav going.

I assume Jules and Cathal will be making an appearance, they always do.

I've also invited Daryl to head in, and he's said he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Des wrote: »
    So that's me, Mick, Keith, Clay and Gav going.

I assume Jules and Cathal will be making an appearance, they always do.

I've also invited Daryl to head in, and he's said he will.

Is it time for one of these:

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - in

Ciaran -
    Dave B -
    Ronan D -
    Gary -
    Eamon -
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin -
    Collie -
    Anto -
    Des - in
    Mick - in
    Daryl - in
    Dav (Boards guy :p) - in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'll try to get in for around 7 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

hey lads, just popping in to say well done and congratulations. delighted for you all, expecially the lads that have been there from day 1 and the likes of mikey and des who have given up hours and hours for the cause. it has been worth the wait, the cold nights, the abuse, the dirty jerseys, the defeats, the bad times, the narrow losses, it all been worth while now.

obviously disappointed that i wasnt part of the squad that went that one extra step after 4 years of missing out in the last stages, but i had college to attend and it wasnt possible. i should hope to have more scope to come down and watch games this year and if you ever need a dig out, ill do my best to help or find somebody who can.

likewise, i would like if our monday team play you in a friendly, we are free next week and can play monday or thursday (best to avoid if possible tuesday and wednesday with 2 huge cl games to ensure both teams can get a look at new lads if needed)

enjoy your night, let me know about the friendly next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

hey lads, just popping in to say well done and congratulations. delighted for you all, expecially the lads that have been there from day 1 and the likes of mikey and des who have given up hours and hours for the cause. it has been worth the wait, the cold nights, the abuse, the dirty jerseys, the defeats, the bad times, the narrow losses, it all been worth while now.

obviously disappointed that i wasnt part of the squad that went that one extra step after 4 years of missing out in the last stages, but i had college to attend and it wasnt possible. i should hope to have more scope to come down and watch games this year and if you ever need a dig out, ill do my best to help or find somebody who can.

likewise, i would like if our monday team play you in a friendly, we are free next week and can play monday or thursday (best to avoid if possible tuesday and wednesday with 2 huge cl games to ensure both teams can get a look at new lads if needed)

enjoy your night, let me know about the friendly next week.

Thanks a lot Ed, has been a rollercoaster ride for sure but that'll just make it the pints on Thursday taste even sweeter....well, sweeter until the trophy starts rusting probably!

Did you hear by the biggest news of the season by the way?????? CATHAL SCORED!!!! Was an absolute screamer, at least 1 yards out n all he was....

Lads, would be good to see yous all on Thursday so hope you can make an effort to be there, it's always been a good night out and this time there's no bittersweet regret in the mix either.

Ed, we'll chat about it Thursday but I think either way we should look to make that friendly next week happen.

• Advertisement

ya sound, let me know once the hangovers relax sometime over the weekend.

season starts on the 11th i think, so thats not alot of time left for friendlies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Friendly next week sounds great, hopefully get my brother along too as he's still interested in signing up for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all,

I'm just popping in to say I'll see you all there tomorrow evening. Might I suggest the Gingerman for a few before hand as it's next door to the Alexander and serves a decent pint. I used to work in the Alexander/Davenport/Mont Clare, so I know the spot well :D

I'm sure I might even be able to stretch to a round or two too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hey lads, I'll be there also for around 8

Dav wrote: »
    Hello all,

I'm just popping in to say I'll see you all there tomorrow evening. Might I suggest the Gingerman for a few before hand as it's next door to the Alexander and serves a decent pint. I used to work in the Alexander/Davenport/Mont Clare, so I know the spot well :D

I'm sure I might even be able to stretch to a round or two too :p

Few of us going to be in the gingerman for around 6/630

Des wrote: »
    Few of us going to be in the gingerman for around 6/630
    Then to coppers :pac::pac:

I WANT MY FLEECE TOMORROW

Mall10357 wrote: »
    I WANT MY FLEECE TOMORROW

what fleece?

Presume he means the winners hoodie

The Tops We Get For Winning The League

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I have another event to go to at 6:30, but will be finished up with that before 8, so will hopefully get to ye in the Gingerman before heading into the hotel.

Keep an eye out for me, I don't know what any of you guys (except Des) look like :p

Dav wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for me, I don't know what any of you guys (except Des) look like :p

All the good looking people standing around Des... that'll be the team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

I'll be in alright, prob wont be till some time between 7-8 though

Congrats Again Lads For Winning The League And Special Thanks To The Boards Forum For All Their Support.
    Thanks For Coming Along Last Night Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Congratulations lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Congratulations lads - I had no clue that boards.ie had a team..congrats:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

well done lads !!

any word on the friendly for thursday night lads?

ill do all the organising, ye just have to show up!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Really sorry I couldnt make it, I've been abroad until yesterday. I'm delighted for you guys and for Des, you all put huge work in (and we're honoured to have you wear the boards logo and be associated with ye!)

GOWAN BOARDEUX!

DeV.

Advertisement