Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawal from BOI ATM - Never Got The Cash

Options
  • 24-03-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, I made a withdrawal from a BOI ATM today (I am an AIB customer). The ATM kept my card and I never got the money. I went into the branch, who gave me the card back, but weren't able to do anything about the money, suggesting the transaction probably didn't go through. I went onto my online banking, to find that it did go through.

Will I have to go chase the missing money, or will it just find its way back to my account? Who do I chase, AIB or BOI? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Hi,

This happened to me at Christmas although it was a BOI account and BOI atm.

I just rang my branch explained what happened, they said they would look into it and get back to me, which they did and I had the money was refunded in a week or so.

Just let them know you didn't get the cash and they will sort it for you.

LL

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Contact your branch, who can raise a query.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cat.OR

This has also happened to me twice. In this case the BOI are responsible for the money being refunded to you but you should still report it to your own branch. Basically what happens is that the security company that brings in the money keeps the float. They may or may not be due to collect for a week or so depending on how busy the ATM is. You have to report the amount of your loss. Once they show that they have extra money in their float they will return you the money. Its a total rigmarole and can take about 3/4 weeks to get your money back. I hope you are not stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

This also happened to me at Christmas when the bank was closed for lunch, was a BOI ATM but am an AIB customer. As soon as the bank re-opened i went in and the girl at customer service couldn't tell me if the money was given out of the machine even thought I told her I didn't come out. Went straight into the AIB who checked and the money had come out but was reimbursed immediately.

I'd go back to the BOI and tell them the transaction did occur and you received nothing as they had your card, most machines make you take your card before dispensing the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This has happened to me a couple of times in the past and although it came out of my account, it was recredited later the same day or the next day.

You should see for example €100 out then €100 credit back in.

Perhaps give it to tomorrow, then follow it up if it still hasn't appeared as a credit on your online account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Nearly 2 months later, I am still waiting for the money to be refunded! Is anyone else in this situation? I keep getting fobbed off and no one in AIB wants to take responsibility for this.

Have AIB run out of money, or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Go to your branch and fill in a atm dispute form it can take 5-10 working days for it to be sorted

Advertisement