Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund from Apple

Options
  • 24-03-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone ever got a refund from Apple directly?

Basically, I was signed up to their mobile me service and to be honest, it wasn't much use to me at all. So I didn't want to renew the subscription.

However, I was charged automatically for the renewal. Now, I read on their support section that if you cancel with 45 days of the renewal taking place, you should be refunded. I cancelled the service about 5 days ago and no refund.

Any ideas on how to chase this up? Isn't there a helpline in Cork or something? Can't seem to find the details though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

GavMan wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone ever got a refund from Apple directly?

Basically, I was signed up to their mobile me service and to be honest, it wasn't much use to me at all. So I didn't want to renew the subscription.

However, I was charged automatically for the renewal. Now, I read on their support section that if you cancel with 45 days of the renewal taking place, you should be refunded. I cancelled the service about 5 days ago and no refund.

Any ideas on how to chase this up? Isn't there a helpline in Cork or something? Can't seem to find the details though

I changed my wifes account to a family pack and got a refund on the unused period.

They have a online support chat here :
    http://www.apple.com/ie/support/mobileme/

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

Generally refunds can take up to 7-14 working days to be processed, especially if you have to make contact via phone/web in comparassion to walking instore and being handed cash. I'm not saying this is the case with Apple, just speaking in general terms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

yeah, I'll give it a few more days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

As per advice received, got a refund today for this. All that was needed was some patience

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

thats good to hear :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement