Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures on a Cake..

Options
  • 24-03-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

So it's my sister's birthday on Saturday, she's turning 13 and like most 13 year old girls, you bet, she's obsessed with Justin bloody Beiber.
    So mum's going to make her a cake and I suggested just getting a picture of the little bollocks and putting it on the cake, but does anyone know in town where to get just the picture done? Not the cake, we don't need the cake made as we're going to make a specific flavour and do not want to pay out the yack for something mass produced.

In short..

Does anyone know where about in town you can get a picture printed on rice paper suitable for putting onto a cake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

O'Hehirs on Gratton St do it on their own cakes, so I'm sure they could put "the little bollix" on your Mum's cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

O'Hehirs on Gratton St do it on their own cakes, so I'm sure they could put "the little bollix" on your Mum's cake?

I'll pop in and ask, somehow doubt they'll do it on a cake that isn't their own though. Worth a shot though! Cheers :)

Lornen wrote: »
    I'll pop in and ask, somehow doubt they'll do it on a cake that isn't their own though. Worth a shot though! Cheers :)

I doubt it'll be a problem, they do a lot of wedding cakes, often they would be made by family but iced professionally.

I am bemused by the Bieber love/hate! My 10yo HATES him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I doubt it'll be a problem, they do a lot of wedding cakes, often they would be made by family but iced professionally.

I am bemused by the Bieber love/hate! My 10yo HATES him.

Wait till she's 13 :D

I've get to listen to "Baby" atleast 6 times a day, everyday.

I find myself singing along to it most times.... :(

• Advertisement

I got it covered. When she hits 13 we're moving to TequilaMockingBird Island (pop 2) until she's 30. We'll knit and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I ordered a brilliant Lady Gaga one off ebay, but it came from the UK so that's not much use. O'Hehirs wanted to make the cake as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

i asked in O Hehirs before and they refused to do it.
    you can try this, nearest is in longford though http://www.decobake.com/wheretofind.html

ge_ch wrote: »
    i asked in O Hehirs before and they refused to do it.
    you can try this, nearest is in longford though http://www.decobake.com/wheretofind.html

Jaysis, not going to make it out to Longford before tomorrow..

Chocolate cake sans le bieber it is then! :pac:

Thank you all for your help though! I'll know in future, MagnumLady, I will check out that ebay link :)

You know, I wouldn't use O'Hehirs again because of that. That kind of crap customer service winds me up. Too much money I guess?

• Advertisement

You know, I wouldn't use O'Hehirs again because of that. That kind of crap customer service winds me up. Too much money I guess?

They're like a monopoly in the town though, I know GP is open but it's not anywhere near as big as mentioned franchise.
    I found stones in a pastry I got from them last week and they said they'd get back to me in a few days.. Still haven't been contacted.

Don't get me wrong, I like O'Hehir's cakes, but I LOVE my mother's home made ones and for an absolute fraction of the price, I'd be stupid to shell out on a massive cake that we won't all be able to eat and end up chucking all for the sake of a picture on top..

Humph!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

You could try Sarah Healey shes out near lissadell
    http://www.sarahthecakelady.com/

Advertisement