Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieving nuisance calls

Options
  • 24-03-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been getting nuisance calls at work for the last while from a strange number- 0091777
    Nobody says anything its just silence on the other end. They are ringing between 10-20 times a day. I am worried as apart from being really irritating I have heard that its a scam and they are trying to get into your computure through the phone line.

Any suggestions? I phone my phone company a while ago... about a the same problem with a different number, they said there was nothing they could do :-( All they could tell me was that it was a widespread problem and that the calls are coming from a different country.

Thanks everone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They can't get into your computer through the phone, so no need to worry about that.

Most phones these days have the ability to hang up on a call without answering it. I would recommend you do this rather than answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement