Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mobile Broadband service in Wexford

Options
  • 24-03-2011 4:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Who is the best mobile broadband provider in the Blackwater/Curracloe area ?.
    Just for general surfing, about 1MB would suffice.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mobile broadband is not real broadband-basic internet access at best.

However if it is what you need the best thing to do is try out each one as they provide a 'try before you buy' service-Don't sign up to a contract with any of them,go for pay as you go option,no mess to deal with if service deteriorates.
    Meteor has less congestion on it's network than the others,but if you can go for fixed wireless-more stable and no line rental compared to Eircom.

Have a look in the broadband forum for advice also.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

Yeah it really depends on their coverage in you location, they're all very similar packages now anyway so its not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Three do a package for 10 euro a month for a 1gb allowance. Grand for surfing and email, but not for downloading.

Good price though.

TheChevron wrote: »
    Three do a package for 10 euro a month for a 1gb allowance. Grand for surfing and email, but not for downloading.

Good price though.

Rubbish service,was even told by 3 resellers that they don't sell it-it's just bait to get customers.1gb a month is nothing and absolutely useless,get any kind of attatchments with your emails and chunks are used up.Watch a video clip-bam! more gone.1gb wouldn't last a day with even moderate users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Service is patchy alright. In Enniscorthy Town I get between 40kbps and 200kbps on the dl. But, I was in bunclody a few weeks ago and was getting 650 kbps. I suppose it depends on where you are.

Are there any providers that offer a consistant level throughout Wexford?

• Advertisement

TheChevron wrote: »
    Service is patchy alright. In Enniscorthy Town I get between 40kbps and 200kbps on the dl. But, I was in bunclody a few weeks ago and was getting 650 kbps. I suppose it depends on where you are.

Are there any providers that offer a consistant level throughout Wexford?

Permanet-it's fixed wireless so you can't carry a dongle around.But if you want reliable home broadband without line rental it's very good.
    If you want a dongle go with Meteor,less congestion plus they have a new mast in Enniscorthy to boos signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Imaginary Boy

I can recommend Vodafone mobile broadband. It may be the most expensive option, but it works grand for me... :)

Advertisement