Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

registered dj - help

• 24-03-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Me and my mate have just registered our dj company name and we are now going to look to expand.

I have been doing mobile discos now for 2-3 years and do most saturday nights, not many fridays but a few but very rarely have a saturday off. Anyway we decided to go above board with it in the hope of getting more regular gigs and maybe residincies and regualar work at hotel functions and all.

I am ordering new business cards, have a facebook set up, getting a website, and going to email all the hotels in the Wicklow,wexford and dublin area.

What other ways could i promote? thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Best way by far, to promote yourself, is to get some gigs. If you're good you'll get repeat business.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gazmc18

I dont think emailing is a good idea tbh, get yourself into them. Or arrange an appointment to go in and see them. Give them a great deal on the 1st gig to show them what you can do.
    They will be looking to get you down as low as possible so watch out for that too. Some venues in recent times i find expect you to play for next to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Don't blanket email. Honestly, it doesn't work and normally serves to annoy people as its usually generic. Best idea is to go in person. Doing 6 venues dressed well and in person will yield a lot more than 100 places emailed in one go.

What type of DJing are you trying to promote? Mobile, Wedding etc?

Advertisement