Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it cost to get an engineer to look at some guarantee defects on my hou

• 24-03-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have several issues with my roof which is under guarantee from the builder. He has not answered phone calls or letters and now I have gone down the legal route.

I reckon the cost for me to repair would be in the region of 300 euro, but the principle of the issue is bugging me.

I would like to get an engineer's report to send to my solicitor but I have no idea how much that would cost.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Foe someone with the right skills and proper PI/PL I would say 1000 plus vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you go down the legal route ( 300 euro plus engineers fee) as the amount exceeds the small claims it will be heard in commercial court and the builder will loose a lot more than his day to fix it.

Thats where i would start with a\ registered letter to the builder.

Advertisement