Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How soon can I exercise neutered doggie

• 24-03-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Fargo was done yesterday and he's in great form other than hating his cone, which he got off earlier, but it's back on and I had the vet check and he's done no damage to the stitches etc.
    However he is for the most part is usual hyper self. The question is how soon can I take him out for a walk, even as far as the green, around it and back, about 10-15 mins total?
    I don't want to exercise him too soon, but I also don't want to deny him the exercise a Jack Russell cross definitely needs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

If hes in good form then im sure a short walk on the lead will do him no harm maybe tomorrow?
    What did the vet advise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I forgot to ask. She said to try to keep him quiet. As his nick name is jumping bean you can guess how hard that is!! :D
    He's asleep in his crate at the moment, due back for check up on Saturday morning, so I guess I should wait and see what she says when she sees him.
    He genuinely seems to be more distressed by the cone than the operation. Last night he stood still for 2 hours crying until we took the cone off for a break, and he ran around like mad, until we put it back on again. He's a bit better with it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I took my guy for walks on the lead until the stitches were out. We were told to try and keeping him from jumping around - very difficult because it was snowing lol :pac: He didn't need a cone btw - he knew his leave it command so any time he went near the stitches I told him to leave it and he got the message!

Advertisement