Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rats wanted

• 24-03-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi im looking for some rats and mice.
    Anyone have any for sale or know of anywhere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Not meaning to sound smart,but have you tried a pet store? or are you on about wild ones,if so set some humane traps outdoors. Stab in the dark here,but I guess you have a snake to feed......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deano77777

littlemis wrote: »
    Not meaning to sound smart,but have you tried a pet store? or are you on about wild ones,if so set some humane traps outdoors. Stab in the dark here,but I guess you have a snake to feed......:D

No im looking to get a breeding pair. not a wild rat, you wouldnt feed a snake a wild rat anyway.
    Pet shops usualy have terible quality animal and i dont know any shop around me that sell rats anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

okay well thanks for that bit of info,I did not know that snakes cant eat wild rats.However there is supposed to be a very reputable pet store in limerick in foxs bow,They may be able to offer advice on where you will get them if they dont have any.. I think it is called paws and claws,someone in the limerick city forum may be able to clarify....Anyway I hope you have luck in your search.

There should be one just 6 feet from you .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just responding to this thread.

A couples of Deano7777`s posts about breeding rats and mice as snake food have been reported.

Im allowing these posts as I feel that Deano is going the right way about this and as long as these mice and rats are euthanised in an acceptable manner this discussion is a valid one for anyone that keeps snakes.

And Deano if you dont mind confirming that these are for feeding dead and not live

On a solely personal level I feel that there is a market here for snake food as some of the so called food out there is useless.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that hellrazer
    Yes all the rodents that i plan to breed for snake food will be sold as a frozen product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dad breeds rats to feed his own snakes. He was buying them but he has a good few snakes and was spending a bundle on food, so decided to breed his own.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

deano77777 wrote: »
    Thanks for that hellrazer
    Yes all the rodents that i plan to breed for snake food will be sold as a frozen product.

Thanks for that clarification Deano.

January wrote: »
    My dad breeds rats to feed his own snakes. He was buying them but he has a good few snakes and was spending a bundle on food, so decided to breed his own.

Yep, thats basicly what I intend to do, but just sell them to the repile owners.
    Did your dad use to get his frozen rodents from the petshops. They are quite dear to buy from the shops.

Im planning on sell direct as well as to the shops, for the same price. So buying from me will be much cheaper than the shops.

Yep, thats basicly what I intend to do, but just sell them to the repile owners.
    Did your dad use to get his frozen rodents from the petshops. They are quite dear to buy from the shops.

Im planning on sell direct as well as to the shops, for the same price. So buying from me will be much cheaper than the shops.

Yeah he used to buy them from the bet shop, cost him a bomb which is why he's doing what he's doing now.

• Advertisement

Anyone who would be interested in buy there frozen rats from me, please post your interest here. The more interest in this I get the more likely it is for me to get it of the ground.

Ill hopefuly get a website up and running some time soon, ill post it up when i do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Advertising for personal profit is against boards rules ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I see the boards police are out tonight.

Technicaly this post ant for personal profit anyway. I have not started anything as of yet, and may not untill some time next year.

This is to get feed back on a possible business idea, and to gaudge how much interest there is in the market.

Anyone who would be interested in buy there frozen rats from me, please post your interest here. The more interest in this I get the more likely it is for me to get it of the ground.

Ill hopefuly get a website up and running some time soon, ill post it up when i do.

It was just a heads up is all :rolleyes:

It was just a heads up is all :rolleyes:

Report it if you're that bothered by it :rolleyes:

And thats back seat modding ;)

Ive already said that Im allowing Deano to continue with this as I feel that any ides in the current climate of anyone setting up their own business should be encouraged.Hes not strictly advertising since hes not up and running yet.More trying to guage a feel if there would be a market for the product before he gets into something.

January wrote: »
    Report it if you're that bothered by it :rolleyes:

I wasn't bothered, like I said it was a friendly heads-up, think I get the message now though, no more friendly heads-ups then so :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Deano what is the status of this dude?

Deano what is the status of this dude?

sorry should have put up an update.
    It all fell through as i would have needed to buy land in a remote location and build my own shades.
    Didnt have the time or money to get it of the ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement