Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most suitable data deal?

Options
  • 24-03-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I'm currently with Voda PAYG - and they give me 250mb internet provided i top up €30 every 30 days.

I only need access to gmail - and nothing else.

Whats the most cost effective deal with the usage above (given that I don't really make all that many calls?).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

so, it's €5/month? That's excellent. Thats PAYG?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Yes, but data will only work when you are on Three's own 3G network unfortunately. It will not work when you are not within 3G coverage and roaming on Vodafone. If you can get 3G coverage from Three where you'll be using the handset, then by all means go with Three as that is a very good offer.

If not, I'd say Vodafone will continue the 360 rate as they have done the past few times it's "expired". €20 top-up each month, it will cost you no more than €12.09 per month for internet if you're just checking e-mails, leaving you with just under €8 to spend on everything else - plus you'll get either your vodafone calls and texts, or texts to any network covered under the €20 top-up offer.

Depending on your usage, Meteor billpay lite may also be good. €15 per month for 50 minutes to any network, free texts to Meteor customers and 50 texts to other networks, plus a 250MB internet add-on.

Advertisement