Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Piano

Options
  • 24-03-2011 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Hi my daughter has recently started piano lessons can anybody recommend a starter piano that has weighted keys for a resonable price thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's the budget bracket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 franquinn

I am selling my digital piano if that is of any interest to you

http://www.casio.com/products/Musical_Instruments/Privia_Digital_Pianos/PX-130/

is the model if you want to take a look

Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

Hi,

It really depends on your budget. I teach piano and have lots of beginners whose parents wonder what to buy. It's a hard one to call. Digitals are compact, don't need tuning and you can get a half decent one relatively cheap. However, this will only take you so far. It's personal preference sometimes but I have had six years olds give out about having to play my digital (which is a high spec one) and want to play a rickety old piano in the corner instead.
    No fooling these kids I am happy to say :) Thank the stars I have my piano back.

Is she a complete beginner? Why not look into piano rental? You could rent a very good upright for a bit until she is sure she wants to stick with it. Easier on the wallet

Advertisement