Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2011 from Codemasters

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

PJTierney wrote: »
    F1 cars are fueled in such a way that they're going to run out before the end. This is because it's expected that they'll be able to run a lap or 2 at low speed due to yellow flags and safety cars, thus conserving less fuel while leaving the car as light as possible.

What that means when playing in-game is that you should always be aiming to have "+1 Lap" on your fuel window, and will have to run on Lean at a point in the race where things are slowed down, or there's a Safety Car. If you're leading by a reasonable amount you can Lean it as well.

Read my post again please, it wont let me select the lean mix during the race, god knows i've tried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Oh.. that's strange :(

PC version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

nope PS3. starting to annoy me now cause ive run out of fuel in at least 3 races and thats even with short shifting and doing some economical driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Best post on Codemasters forums about it, or tweet to the developers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Finding this great now with the patch, graphics seem to be better, there was no frame rate issue at all with Monaco, unlike last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Bought this for Christmas as a present for myself on the 360 and am loving playing it online. A lot of idiots who use you as brakes but there's a lot of very competitive and well mannered drivers who often message you after a good race which is a nice touch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to get this for the 360. Didn't buy an F1 game in years. Did anyone here try it with the wireless speed wheel?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The official MS one? Yeah, there's a slight delay in the feedback. It's very annoying tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Enderman wrote: »
    The official MS one? Yeah, there's a slight delay in the feedback. It's very annoying tbh

I'll be better off with the wireless controller so. I find it works fine with Forza 4.

Advertisement