Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodhaven, Castletroy - Dodgy area???

• 24-03-2011 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Myself and my fiancee are thinking about purchasing a house in the Castletroy area as it suits us both (work-wise).

One of the areas she really likes is Woodhaven but I have heard that there are quite a few vacant houses there that the council are planning to buy and move regeneration people in, just like they did in Glantan. Does anyone know if this is true?

What is Woodhaven like in general can anybody tell me? I know that each estate isnt going to be perfectly quiet with perfect neighbours but we just don't want to come and regret it a few years down the line.

A lad I work with rented a house there for a year and he told me that between the time he first moved in and the time he left, he could see the estate beginning to go downhill.

Any info at all from people living or renting in the estate would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi Jave,,
    A Brother of Mine lived there for a few years,and never ever had a problem..

He has moved into the City of Limerick now..We were up there a few times,and WoodHaven did seems like a very very nice spot..If it has gone downhill since then it'd be a huge shame..

The guys he was sharing the house with are still there now....So I'll txt him later,and I'll get back to you and let you know what it's like now..

Either way..Best of luck with the house move.

Advertisement