Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing restaurant in Dublin city?!?!?!

Options
  • 24-03-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

My friend is coming over from San Fran for two nights and I want to bring her somewhere nice for late dinner and breakfast..

Any suggestions?

Somewhere funky and amazing food a must!?!?
    Cool decor and friendly staff.

She has been to Ireland before (Kerry and Galway ) and wasn't too impressed

I'm not familiar with Dublin so suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Avoca for breakfast.

Any particular type of food for dinner? And what kind price range are you talking about?

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Koh /thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Saba has Very good Thai food. Definatly funky and buzzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

you should check out foam cafe for breakfast.

it's just on the north side of town, in the italian quarter, the food is really tasty and not over priced, the decor is amazing too - really fun!
    they have a facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Odessa for brunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Hugo's for brunch, it's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Although I haven't been there in 8 years http://www.chameleonrestaurant.com/ in Temple Bar used to be amazing. Wonder if it's still as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Koh is excellent! Went there last Friday night with a group of friends and we have never had such a nice meal and such a laugh in a restaurant before. The waiter we had, think his name was Pavel was hilarious and really made the night fun! Will defo be bringing friends and family there any time they come to visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

dada Moroccan restaurant on Sth William St, just off Grafton St is pretty good, great decor, great food and not the most expensive (have early bird menu option too). http://www.dadarestaurant.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Pearl Brasserie
    The Pigs Ear
    Town
    Ely HQ (gastropub, most laid back of list but very nice atmosphere)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wendyjohnson

+1 for Pigs Ear
    Darwins
    Queen of Tarts

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Koh is good fun but I wouldn't think the food is all that. IIRC there is a lot of Asian food in SF so I might avoid that here.

Pichet is very good, and La Maison. Pearl Brasserie, tho nice, might be a bit stuffy. Last time I was in Pigs Ear I was disappointed but they may have returned to former levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Kylemore Cafe on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Kylemore Cafe on O'Connell St.

lol!

Ely is fab
    church gallery restraunt is great
    check out fallon and byrne also
    i'd also second queen of tarts
    Foam certainly has amazing decor but i wouldnt say its in the italian quarter its down a random horrible street near the italian quarter.

Advertisement