Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Funding?

• 24-03-2011 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

So.... anyone hear the news today about somemore loose change been passed the PSNI way?

Does this give home for more intakes? More recruitment? More anything..... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Nope.

Source? Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SFiFiG

Well......

I only heard something about it on the radio this morning but i was in a mad rush to get out of the car.... so im hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on what this report was about?! :o

Anything with "more money" and "PSNI" is worth an investigation!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I wonder if the discussion you heard was referring to the extra £240 million that was granted a number of weeks ago ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SFiFiG

and where is the £240 Mill going?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

SFiFiG wrote: »
    and where is the £240 Mill going?

Would like to know that also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

Its going to front line policing to tackle the dissident threat, and help the police with their everyday role.

Transport, air support, new equipment, more detecives on the ground (apparently) etc. It wont be going to recruitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Matt Baggott was careful not to say where exactly that money was going - all he would say was that it would be used to combat the dissident threat , would have been nice to think recruitment would see some of it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

0607 wrote: »

To me that says indirectly that some of it will get channelled into recruitment - just hope that it means a further one or two intakes during the remainder of the year

Advertisement