Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEOS Blues

• 24-03-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

There will be no AEOS for 2011. A small scheme may be announced in the nect few days for the West but nothing for everyone else. The dying sting from the outgoing minister, apparently there was no budget provision for an AEOS in 2011 so it was all smoke and no fire for the past few months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

agcons wrote: »
    There will be no AEOS for 2011. A small scheme may be announced in the nect few days for the West but nothing for everyone else. The dying sting from the outgoing minister, apparently there was no budget provision for an AEOS in 2011 so it was all smoke and no fire for the past few months.
    What a shower of tossers :mad:. I'm in the west though so I might be lucky but still not fair on the rest of the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

moy83 wrote: »
    What a shower of tossers :mad:. I'm in the west though so I might be lucky but still not fair on the rest of the country

I posted the following on an aeos information forum on 1st march

''I was at party leaders meeting with IFA, Brendan smith said he'd announce the aeos before the 15 march, he can't announce it if he's not there!!!! Kenny and Gilmore claimed it wasn't allowed for in the budget, don't know what meeting IFJ was at..... Hope I'm wrong. ''

where did you get your information ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lilbelter

Just wondering where you heard this??

Will farmers that applied in 2010 but were rejected because they did not fill in the Natura area be allowed to re-apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

where did you get your information ?????[/QUOTE]
    The ACA had their agm today and a rep from the Dept was scheduled to make a presentation on AEOS. Yesterday he cried off, simply saying he had nothing to tell us.
    Minister Coveney gave a speech at the agm and told us he had severe budgetary constraints bearing in mind it will be a 5 year scheme. Right now the money is not there but they are trying to rejig existing budgets to allow a scheme of some description and he hopes to make an announcement in the next week or 10 ten days. Contrary to my original post its not buried yet, but that does seem to be the way to bet, unless they reallocate funds from other places in the Dept budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Any word on how those who applied in 2010 will be affected, if at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Thanks agcons, that's what I thought, Gilmore and Kenny had no plans for aeos at the pre election meeting with IFA, said it wasn't budgeted for!!!
    If it is introduced, money will have to come at the expense of some other scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

agcons wrote: »
    Do you know what type of scheme they are giving to the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

please, please, please Mr Coveney open this scheme to the country, there is a lot of middle to low income farmers dependent on the AEOS being opened for 2011 as per what FF tauted. I hope he acquires the funding for this scheme, and we hear something in the short term, the lack of information is very disappointing, we need an announcement on this scheme a.s.a.p. There as only being snippets in the Indo and Journal, looks like they are keeping it low to suit the government, surely someone in the press has some info or has inquired of the Dept of Ag whats going on???
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Just off the phone with my planner and they expect an announcement in the next 2 week from Minister for agriculture

With it possible opening after the SFP forms are complete, end of May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jubbin

I was at a Connemara IFA meeting Monday 4th April ...really everyone just still hoping AEOS will open esp as here is 60% Natura land.
    But no definite news as yet and May 16th SPS deadline approaching fast.

Also no AEOS 2010 payments issued yet nor any def info whether Natura paid at 75 euro per ha or 150 euro per ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Jubbin wrote: »
    I was at a Connemara IFA meeting Monday 4th April ...really everyone just still hoping AEOS will open esp as here is 60% Natura land.
    But no definite news as yet and May 16th SPS deadline approaching fast.

Also no AEOS 2010 payments issued yet nor any def info whether Natura paid at 75 euro per ha or 150 euro per ha.

Its about time Covney either p*sses or gets off the pot on this one - the way people are being strung along and put through much anxiety on this is a disgrace:mad::mad:

PS: In contrast FG were quick to follow the previous governments policy of flushing billions into bust banks:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Its about time Covney either p*sses or gets off the pot on this one

I think that's the biggest problem with him - he has to sit on the pot to have a pee :D

No offence to female boardsies, but Covney is fast becoming a joke. Farmers are waiting for him to announce the start of a scheme which is due to close by May 15th. He hasn't got the balls to tell them that there isn't enough money for all of them to join it. So he's delaying the announcement of the scheme in order to ensure that a majority of the potential farmers won't have enough time to to have plans drawn up to enter the scheme, thus keeping the numbers down.

A bigger man would be straight about it - tell people how much he has and how many applicants he can accept and then take the farmers who need it or deserve it most.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

announcement on ifa website, Coveney has cut the amount of places available on the AEOS scheme and also a 1k reduction in maximum payment:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

patjack wrote: »
    announcement on ifa website, Coveney has cut the amount of places available on the AEOS scheme and also a 1k reduction in maximum payment:(:(:(
    How many places did he limit it to ? Will it be first come first served or will it go to people coming out of reps only think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

REDUCTION IN AEOS NUMBERS AND PAYMENT UNACCEPTABLE

2011-04-06

IFA President John Bryan has sought an urgent meeting with the Minister for Agriculture Simon Coveney to outline the gravity of his decision to reduce the number of farmers eligible and the maximum payment for AEOS in 2011.

Mr. Bryan said that rowing back on a Budget decision is unacceptable as up to 2,000 farmers will now not be able to join the scheme and those who do qualify will get a lower payment than what was promised. The decision will be devastating for low income farmers who depend greatly on direct supports such as AEOS.

The IFA President said “Up to 10,000 farmers will have completed their REPS 3 Plan before the mid-May next application date. The agri-environmental payment is an integral part of the farming system, supporting farm incomes and adding greatly to the environment and the rural economy.”

Commenting on the decision, IFA Rural Development Chairman Tom Turley said that reducing the numbers in the scheme will mean that many farmers who will apply will be turned down. Over half of farmers who are likely to apply will now be rejected as a result of the Minister’s decision. Also reducing the maximum payment by €1,000 is a major blow to low income farmers and the problem is significantly acute in SAC areas where farming activities are restricted.

http://www.ifa.ie/IFAInformation/tabid/586/ctl/Detail/mid/2202/xmid/4417/xmfid/23/Default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted comes to mind.

Why wasn't he involved in negotiations with the minister for the last few weeks, on the phone to hime every day and aware of what shortfalls in funding exist and trying to negotiate around it???

Will IFA membership charges be reduced next year because of reduced farm incomes??

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    REDUCTION IN AEOS NUMBERS AND PAYMENT UNACCEPTABLE

2011-04-06

IFA President John Bryan has sought an urgent meeting with the Minister for Agriculture Simon Coveney to outline the gravity of his decision to reduce the number of farmers eligible and the maximum payment for AEOS in 2011.

Mr. Bryan said that rowing back on a Budget decision is unacceptable as up to 2,000 farmers will now not be able to join the scheme and those who do qualify will get a lower payment than what was promised. The decision will be devastating for low income farmers who depend greatly on direct supports such as AEOS.

The IFA President said “Up to 10,000 farmers will have completed their REPS 3 Plan before the mid-May next application date. The agri-environmental payment is an integral part of the farming system, supporting farm incomes and adding greatly to the environment and the rural economy.”

Commenting on the decision, IFA Rural Development Chairman Tom Turley said that reducing the numbers in the scheme will mean that many farmers who will apply will be turned down. Over half of farmers who are likely to apply will now be rejected as a result of the Minister’s decision. Also reducing the maximum payment by €1,000 is a major blow to low income farmers and the problem is significantly acute in SAC areas where farming activities are restricted.

http://www.ifa.ie/IFAInformation/tabid/586/ctl/Detail/mid/2202/xmid/4417/xmfid/23/Default.aspx

Advertisement