Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio and Tarmacadam - Any recommendations

Options
  • 24-03-2011 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all

This may not be the correct forum to post in but I would like recommendations from fellow Galweigans!

We are hoping to do our patio this summer - has anyone used a contractor who was good from a design and labour point of view. Had 2 guys here say they can do 'whatever we want' - but we'd love some advice!

Also, would love to get tarmac done too - anyone recommend a good company please? We have a huge area to cover (lack of forsight when building - grrr) so I know I'm going to be in for a shock!

Any advice welcome.

L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bunty

Hi matie,
    Just spotted your post when I was logging off. We are also looking into getting our driveway tarmac done over summer and its a large area. I have been recommended Mooney & Kirane, Michael O Malley (both mayo based but cover galway) and creggs driveways (galway based) and hope to get a quote from all 3 once we get our finger out. I'll see if I can rummage out their contact numbers and pm you tomorrow :-)

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galwayboss

Pete Kyne in moycullen is very good did my drive and it was a top notch job and got a good price off him aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LibbyW

Thanks for that
    I have called O'Malley and Mooney & Kirrane so I'm waiting to hear from them.
    I will give P Kyne a call too.
    Thanks! Keep the advice coming.
    What about patio - anyone had one done recently?
    L

Hi L, for patio info you might get more responses over in the Home & Garden threads: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1059

J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Wouldn't go raving about Creggs Driveways, they laid kerbs and tarmac for me about 6 months ago. Some of the kerbs were loose within weeks and was supposed to come back to do a bit of tarmac leading into my garage (They never did). That and the fact he kept me waiting almost 2 weeks beyond start date because he had a "big job" in Dublin to finish !!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info on creggs driveways, good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 littlemeadow

Hi, sorry jumping in here, does anyone have the number for Pete Kyne and also Morans?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 littlemeadow

Never mind got them on another thread :-)
    Hi, sorry jumping in here, does anyone have the number for Pete Kyne and also Morans?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Killed

Had Creggs do my driveway a few years ago and they did a good job. They were a couple of grand cheaper than the other quotes I got also.

Advertisement