Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newport to Mulranny cyclepath

Options
  • 24-03-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I will be travelling from Mullingar to Newport on Monday to use the new cyclepath> Where exactly is it located in Newport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

There is a Maxol station on the Mulranney side of Newport, the entrance to the Greenway is approximately 1km past this on the left hand side. Alternatively head out the road a couple km's until you cross a bridge (the old 7 Arch Bridge stone bridge will be in view in front and to the right), take the right immediately after, park up and start your cycle from here. You won't miss anything scenery wise by skipping the first couple kilometers but will save yourself having to cross the main road (in 1 location). Sorry for the jumbled instructions, I'm rushing out the door!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've mapped some of it - have a look, it might be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I drove from Westport to Achill yesterday. It looks as if they are going to do the whole route.

Still unfinished work in progress, but an exellent addition to the area a whole.

Fair play to whoever came up with the idea in the first place. Being able to take bikes on the train as far as Westport can only add to the number of tourists using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Is there a place to rent bikes? Would love to take the kids down for the weekend to cycle the route but not easy to bring 4 bikes from Dublin....

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Is there a place to rent bikes? Would love to take the kids down for the weekend to cycle the route but not easy to bring 4 bikes from Dublin....

Thanks.:)

There are a couple in Newport, Clew Bay Bike Hire are the closest to the start of the Greenway and have great bikes.

http://www.clewbayoutdoors.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement