Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconfigure vodafone router for eircom.

• 24-03-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi.

my brother is switching from vodafone to eircom and wants to keep using the vodafone router as it has printer sharing and all his wireless devices are linked to it. I tried logging into the router using vodafone as the user name and password and, while I can access the router I cannot change settings. can anyone tell me how I can get full access and what settings I need to change?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

mossie wrote: »
    Hi.

my brother is switching from vodafone to eircom and wants to keep using the vodafone router as it has printer sharing and all his wireless devices are linked to it. I tried logging into the router using vodafone as the user name and password and, while I can access the router I cannot change settings. can anyone tell me how I can get full access and what settings I need to change?
    Thanks!

What login details did you use? I did this last year at some stage and I think you need to log in as administrator and change the ISP/DNS settings to eircoms.

Use these details for admin login anyway:

Username: admin
    Password: VF-IRhg556

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mossie

smtdos wrote: »
    What login details did you use? I did this last year at some stage and I think you need to log in as administrator and change the ISP/DNS settings to eircoms.

Thanks. I used "vodafone" as both the user name and password, will try the admin one tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When you do access the router the only settings that you should to change are the user name and password. If he wants to use vodafone email with a program such as outlook he will also have to change the smtp to eircom's.

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Incoming Mail Server:
    webmail.eircom.net

Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net

Mail Server Type:
    POP3

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mossie

Great stuuf. Many thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Just bumping this thread for some help on the same subject.

Im trying to do the same thing but when i enter the username and password as below it changes to this..
    fxrlar.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? im lost now at this stage.

smtdos wrote: »

Any help appriciated :).

• Advertisement

Anyone? :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I presume this is the router requesting its own username and password.

What make is it? Have you checked to see if the manual is available on the manufacturer's website? That should provide the answer.

dub45 wrote: »
    I presume this is the router requesting its own username and password.

What make is it? Have you checked to see if the manual is available on the manufacturer's website? That should provide the answer.

Never even thought of looking for the manual :rolleyes: Done a quick search for it and found that the newer firmware Username & Password are both 'advanced'.
    That logged me in to change settings with the help of the manual and using the settings you posted above.

Much appriciated man, Thanks!

oh and the router is an Huaweii HG556a ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Grizz

Sorry, Im gonna bump this thread too,
    My router is a ZyXEL 660HW and when i put in the ip address in the address bar Im only given a password option (not a user name)
    When I open it I can only view the status and not make any changes.

Can anyone help please? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement