Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts of gang activity in Limerick

• 24-03-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Theories and logical conclusions to most probable gang activities.

Can I post names? personal perceptions? what is my limitations? I would really like to be able to explain this? I feel it is important. I feel everybody rushes to judge.

Like almost in denial that this is most unlikliest thing to happen.

Please tell me what I am allowed to post??? I give my opinion and I get an infraction. What is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Your Title says Facts.

Care to elaborate on why you "think" these are the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deacon

The facts speak for themselves. Publications in news papers. Court cases. RTE and TV3 News.

I am not responsible for your inattention to what is going on around you. Well then again your profile says your in N.Tipp. Do you get news papers and cable out there? Joke. All jokes aside this is common knowledge . just pay more attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!Don't Feed Trolls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

I think the solution can be summed up in 3 words :
    1. education
    2. education
    3. education

is everything ok? What do you mean ? can we have a dialogue?:)

• Advertisement

We should have a dialogue about this and not ignore it. What do you think? Does this make any sence? Am I to much of a pragmatist to even think we can find a solution?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Deacon wrote: »
    The facts speak for themselves. Publications in news papers. Court cases. RTE and TV3 News.

If one wishes to talk discuss "facts", and posts information which they claim to be indeed facts, it is common practice to post links to your sources. You might like to read the charter or else you could be at risk of posting libellous material. Jus'sayin...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Post some links up to your "facts" please.

In the Limerick post everyweek that gang memers have murdered and history shows us that when same motivates exist it will happen again.

Paul williams talks about arsenals of weopans at Limerick gangs disposal.
    Sunday World " google it"

All my other bullets I am willing to argue the facts of also. Do not dismiss a site posting that wants an actual dialogue about something actually good for our city. Why not discuss.

If there is something specific that is questionable then question me about it. Fisherman off the coast off cork at MIZEN head. LOTS Of drugs lost at sea.

Can you please tell me what specifically is the problem with my post. I will alter it to fit with in the bounds of your forum. It is not my intention to post false information. I want to have a dialogue about this. I feel it is on front of all our noses and we turn a deaf ear and blind eye to this. The facts are

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Theories and logical conclusions to most probable gang activities.

Can I post names? personal perceptions? what is my limitations? I would really like to be able to explain this? I feel it is important. I feel everybody rushes to judge.

If you would like to discuss any particular case, then please link to relevant articles. Official statistics from Government bodies would also be welcome. If you post gossip/hearsay/anything you can't legitimately back up with proof, it will (more than likely) be removed.
    Like almost in denial that this is most unlikliest thing to happen.

Nobody here is in denial. It is poor practice to label your audience before you even give them the chance to respond to the facts and figures.
    Please tell me what I am allowed to post??? I give my opinion and I get an infraction. What is going on?

You got an infraction in a different thread. Let's not bring it into this discussion.
    Paul williams talks about arsenals of weopans at Limerick gangs disposal.
    Sunday World " google it"

The burden of proof is upon you here. It's not up to us to just Google it. If you have decent journalistic sources, provide them for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Deacon, legally, anything you type onto the internet counts as "publishing". To publish anything, it must be backed up with fact and evidence, otherwise you open yourself, and boards.ie to legal problems. Its not that people don't believe you, or want to bury their heads in the sand, its that saying stuff without it being backed up elsewhere can get you in trouble, and can be used by these people to get out of trouble in court, saying that the jury was prejudiced by articles published.
    saying something inflammatory about a suspect on here can result in that person getting away with it in court. Just bear that in mind when you post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Deacon, if you were to publish online your thoughts that you say are facts but in fact are opinions then you could land both yourself and Boards.ie into trouble.

If you have ever wrote a dissertation or thesis in college then you would know what Primary and Secondary sources of factual information are. The fact is alot of the Sunday world and associated newspaper articles would not be considered in an acedemic background, so if you were to post these "Facts" here then you will need to back them up with REAL primary and secondary sources. Say court cases etc.

No-one here would deny you a proper article, but using sources from less than reliable sources will only get you laughed at.

Advertisement