Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS Midnight Launch @ HMV

Options
  • 24-03-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Anyone going?

Wondering what time I'd want to be going, don't know whether to expect a big crowd or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Haha, take it your not going then?

Only thing I hate about these launches are the drunk idiots shouting at you while you stand outside :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

if HMW is opening at 12 does that mean i can by crysis 2?

skelliser wrote: »
    if HMW is opening at 12 does that mean i can by crysis 2?

You can try, they may turn you away though, as they usually block off most of the store for these things.

I was told on monday they were having a midnight launch, just got back. not a peep from the shop. I'm just pissed I had to take time to go out at midnight for nothing :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Was it definitely today... um... yesterday... an hour ago?

I don't recall HMV ever doing a midnight launch of anything. GAME on Eglington might, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Was it definitely today... um... yesterday... an hour ago?

I don't recall HMV ever doing a midnight launch of anything. GAME on Eglington might, though.

They had a midnight launch for COD: Black OPs, I assume they've had other midnight launches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Havent seen HMV be midnight launches befor.

But I know GAME does a lot for the popular games. Gonna go and see if I can get one around dublin today, hopfully not everywere is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.hotpress.com/Nintendo/news/Midnight-launch-in-HMV-for-new-3D-Nintendo-console/7603693.html

Midnight launch in HMV for new '3D' Nintendo console
    21 Mar 2011
    The portable 3DS will hit selected stores later this week. Those of you itching to get your hands on Nintendo's new 3DS device are in for a treat as HMV have announced midnight store openings for the portable console's official launch.

The retailer will be hosting special midnight openings on Friday March 25 in HMV Grafton St, HMV Blanchardstown, HMV Cork and HMV Drogheda, with the stores opening at 11.00pm on Thursday March 24 to allow fans to get a head start on the queueing.

biko wrote: »
    http://www.hotpress.com/Nintendo/news/Midnight-launch-in-HMV-for-new-3D-Nintendo-console/7603693.html

Midnight launch in HMV for new '3D' Nintendo console
    21 Mar 2011
    The portable 3DS will hit selected stores later this week. Those of you itching to get your hands on Nintendo's new 3DS device are in for a treat as HMV have announced midnight store openings for the portable console's official launch.

The retailer will be hosting special midnight openings on Friday March 25 in HMV Grafton St, HMV Blanchardstown, HMV Cork and HMV Drogheda, with the stores opening at 11.00pm on Thursday March 24 to allow fans to get a head start on the queueing.

Yeah, but I was explicitly told on monday there would be a midnight opening. Oh well, past is past :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont think you have to worry about the 3DS selling out tbh.

Advertisement