Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloat in dogs

• 24-03-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

This was mentioned on another thread, so this is a link to a site with loads of information on it, including the symptoms.

http://www.globalspan.net/bloat.htm

Some of the information on there is disputed, there are arguments for and against feeding from elevated bowls, and the protein levels advised are very high, but generally its a good article.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

thanks! my OH is going to be cursing this forum for giving me another doggie problem that I will be looking out for :D i would run to the vet with the dog quicker than i would go to the doctor myself! I am lucky that my vets are excellent and I can ring them at any stage and they have told me when I don't need to bring her in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

ISDW wrote: »
    This was mentioned on another thread, so this is a link to a site with loads of information on it, including the symptoms.

http://www.globalspan.net/bloat.htm

Some of the information on there is disputed, there are arguments for and against feeding from elevated bowls, and the protein levels advised are very high, but generally its a good article.

Thank you very much for this information. One thing I know I am doing wrong but will change immediately is leaving drinking water with our dog before and after his meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Taceom wrote: »
    Thank you very much for this information. One thing I know I am doing wrong but will change immediately is leaving drinking water with our dog before and after his meal.

Well I put water in with my dog's kibble, so I must be doing it wrong as well.:rolleyes: I think its just so that they don't gulp it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I am feeding raw, My guy used to just gulp everything down in a matter of seconds, know because I give him a whole part of an animal he takes his time, crushing the bone and tearing at the meat, I recommend it.

Advertisement