Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours about attempt to abduct child in Ennis

• 24-03-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anyone know anything about these rumours that 3 people tried to abduct a child on two occasions in Ennis yesterday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

These rumours were rampant around Tralee & Killarney last year.

A main supermarket group was common to both towns.

I asked the manager of my local outlet about it and he wasn't aware of the rumor. Also I contacted the local garda station, who were aware of the rumor but had no complaint.

AFAIK, and I'd try to be aware as I bring my own children shopping with me. Nothing ever came of the rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭quietone

In cappahard on wednesday night 3 people in a car tried to abduct a girl at about 7pm, crazy in a built up estate and it still bright out. They got the reg but it was for a tractor so obviously stolen. Apparently it happened in cloughleigh last week but no on ewas notified about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

quietone wrote: »
    In cappahard on wednesday night 3 people in a car tried to abduct a girl at about 7pm, crazy in a built up estate and it still bright out. They got the reg but it was for a tractor so obviously stolen. Apparently it happened in cloughleigh last week but no on ewas notified about it

Can you confirm your source for this????
    Given that I live in Cappahard and am married to a Garda I find it difficult to understand why I never heard about this

More info please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Ah yes, silly season again and not a white van this time, a dirty white van.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This sounds like unnecessary rumour and scare-mongering.
    In the interest of common sense I'll close this thread tonight, unless someone can provide a reputable source for the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭quietone

My cousin lives in the estate and rang me to tell me about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

On Clare fm it said it was a green Toyota..either s corolla or avensis can't remember..well if I see those basterds near my estate god won't forgive me for what I would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

We heard about this in North Dublin last year - where there was a car (wine coloured) with two men and one woman trying to get kids in the car. The rumour mill went into overdrive with the car being spotted in nearly every estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Some sick twisted ppl out there...wonder if more will come of this today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

On Clare fm it said it was a green Toyota..either s corolla or avensis can't remember..well if I see those basterds near my estate god won't forgive me for what I would do

How are you going to recognise them if you can't remember what car they drive? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This has gone on just about long enough. Cars of different makes and colours are part and parcel of everyday life. Getting stressed out over what most likely is a neighbour going about their business is of no help to anyone. To avoid any unnecessary panic, I am closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement