Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion - Let's make a film!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Bags being director.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Hannah_Ellen Cooke

Okies just so yas still know I am still interested in acting in this film project, but i just can't join the group yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There is a 25 post limit on being able to join social groups. If everyone interested manages to reach that limit (without post spamming :P) we can invite you in. Currently looking for ideas in the social group so will keep everyone else posted as we progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JacComedy

Need to make it up to 25 posts to get in, very interested in this. And how are we suppose to choose who does what? Like there will be a good few people who would want to be main actor or director (including myself!)

There is a 25 post limit on being able to join social groups. If everyone interested manages to reach that limit (without post spamming :P) we can invite you in. Currently looking for ideas in the social group so will keep everyone else posted as we progress.

Can I get an invite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

JacComedy wrote: »
    Need to make it up to 25 posts to get in, very interested in this. And how are we suppose to choose who does what? Like there will be a good few people who would want to be main actor or director (including myself!)

I suppose we'll start various threads in the social group and then organise an IRL meeting to discuss ideas (taking minutes for those who cant make it).

Dunno why everyone wants to be the director. Seriously overrated job IMO

Galvasean wrote: »
    Dunno why everyone wants to be the director. Seriously overrated job IMO

For the record I was joking.

But directors do get all the chicks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The reason we're keeping the social group private is that it's only fair to keep people's potential ideas out of a public forum, and the post limit is a bit of a safeguard against anyone coming in and 'taking' the ideas. Of course, everyone genuinely interested we'll be happy to have on board. For more general ideas, we'll certainly keep this thread updated, and as Galva says when it gets to the point where we are meeting up IRL we'll contact everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Id like to add my name to the list! Im very interested in this. Never usually check out this forum. Although I have no experience in acting/directing/writing of any kind haha. All id bring would be enthusiasm but im sure it would be a good experience anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

Am interested, please add me. Will have to add more posts I reckon to be allowed join,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

Ok, have been hard at work all day, have 25 posts now, can I join your group?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not sure how I missed this. :o Count me in as well. I'm not sure what skills I have to offer, but I did a media production course a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

I'd be hugely interested. I would be able to bring what writing skills I have to the group. I have two short scripts and a treatment for feature along with plenty of other ideas that can be fleshed out. I'm completely open to toying with the scripts and ideas I have with the right director. I have also helped out on a number of shorts as a script supervisor.

So... production meeting?

I think it would be beneficial to get afew heads together in person soon. Nothing major mind you, just get some of us in the smae place, see how we click and hopefully instill some momentum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Is this going ahead?

I'm just having a read of the thread now :)

Galvasean wrote: »
    So... production meeting?

I think it would be beneficial to get afew heads together in person soon. Nothing major mind you, just get some of us in the smae place, see how we click and hopefully instill some momentum.

Yeah I think thats a great idea the sooner people get together the sooner we can actually get started not that theres any rush, I'm just really excited! :rolleyes:

How's everyone's this week? Because mine's terrible.

Anyone interested gather perhaps midweek next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

"Isn't this what the Group was set up for?" he asked nobody in particular.

I think it's more so we can meet up and ensure we don't hate the sight of each other, which could be an issue further down the line.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean now, *hits head*

Yes, we'll organise in group and send PM details to anyone interested who can't get in for whatever reason.

Yeah but as pointed out before a few of us me included haven't posted enough yet, so we don't know whats goin on in the group and havn't been able to accept the invite to the group yet,:D so a pm would def be appreciated,

• Advertisement

Yeah but as pointed out before a few of us me included haven't posted enough yet, so we don't know whats goin on in the group and havn't been able to accept the invite to the group yet,:D so a pm would def be appreciated,

Post quicker Hannah! :)

Post quicker Hannah! :)
    Hahaha I know Im so slow!!! Limited time for Interwebbibg though! DAMN SHARED COMPUTERS!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Is this happening?

Yep. Plenty of procrastinating to do first though...

Update in social group.

Check it out y'all!

Also, please let us know what specific aspect of production you're interested in here so we can grant you access to the group!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

So who's been allowed in/who hasn't?

As far as I know everyone who wants to be in can be in.

Have you PMed johnny_ultimate Renn?

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I could be able to offer sound editing/ sound design if this is still going ahead or if needed.

zippy84 wrote: »
    I could be able to offer sound editing/ sound design if this is still going ahead or if needed.

^^get this guy onboard.
    It's a very important/useful thing to have and often criminally overlooked.

• Advertisement

zippy84 wrote: »

PM Jonny_ultimate for access to the group zippy.

Advertisement