Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion - Let's make a film!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tralaalaalaa

Awesome idea! If you're ever doing something like this again, let me know!

In the end nothing came of it but I think that it was down to the timing, with especially with college finishing up at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If anyone is interested I will be directing a short in October. The film is set over one day in a city centre pub. I posted the idea originally in the Boards.ie Production Group and will be fundraising over the next while and crewing up from now until end of September. We will also be having an open casting day - most likely in September.

Anybody who is interested can drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ben_in_Dublin

Hi just came across this today, I've always wanted to act, and was getting so excited as i read tru the thread. Pity nothing came of it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

I reckon we should give it another go. As a Galway person, I think it's best to organise things for the weekends and give lots of notice so that we can make our way up to the big smoke in time!!

• Advertisement

I reckon we should give it another go. As a Galway person, I think it's best to organise things for the weekends and give lots of notice so that we can make our way up to the big smoke in time!!

The interest trailed off so fast even from people in Dublin and the posts completely dried up on the Group, I don't think it was the day we organised for meeting that was the problem.

However I'm directing a short in late October and will be looking for cast and crew if people are interested.

It'll most likely be shooting mid week because of location availability though. PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

I would like to get involved in this project. have loads of kit, some experience. Have been making promos, lots of editing on Adobe CS5.5.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

I should point out though that this is my own short, not a boards group thing anymore.

I'm writing, directing and co-producing it so democracy will not reign etc. etc.

Advertisement