Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone@home bundle caller id issue

Options
  • 24-03-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Moved to Vodafone last June as Eircom decided in their wisdom that kerry would be the only county of the 26 that would not have any NGB 8 mb dsl enabled exchanges.
    I had to contact vodafone not long after moving to them as my caller id stopped working, since then it worked for a week or too went again, phoned them again, worked again for a week or too and gone again.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks its eircom screwing with my line but thats probably just paranoia, anyone else having caller id issues with vodafone?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

More likely some kind of glitch to be honest. When you setup wholesale line rental the other phone company needs to specify which services should be active. It's possible someone at Vodafone hasn't clicked the right boxes on an on-screen form.

Even though your line's still provided by the exact same eircom exchange, the product descriptions are changed and it's possible that vodafone's just accidentally cancelled caller ID by not specifying that it should be switched on.

Ring 1907 and ask them to cancel and re-activate your caller ID services & any other service that you've an issue with.

You should get free of charge:

Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-way calling and call forwarding.

Voicemail is subject to a small charge per month.

It's all setup in an automated process so it's not exactly a big deal to setup and there are no eircom staff normally involved in it at all. The request's sent automatically by Vodafone.

The services should activate within 2 to 24 hours of the order. It depends on the software on and type of your local exchange as to how long it will take to activate. Some exchanges set things up instantly, others do it in cycles every 24 hours. As far as I am aware, no manual intervention by eircom crew is needed at all.

Advertisement