Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GC setup selling - opinions sought

• 24-03-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to part with my GC setup as it's not getting played, and likely to remain so.

Black GC (PAL)
    4 black Nintendo GC pads
    Mario Kart DD (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)
    Soul Calibur II (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)
    Mario Party 4 (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)
    Super Smash Bros (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)

Everything in excellent nick, perfect working order (sticks, buttons, etc, etc.)

No local interest here (except for the chancers offerring £15 :rolleyes:), so off to eBay methinks. Thing is, I can't decide whether to sell it as one lot or piecemeal on eBay, as the end-of-auction valuations seem a bit all over the place at the moment, nor -if listing it as one lot- how much to start the auction at (on a free listing day)

What ya reckon? What would you do? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

ambro25 wrote: »
    I'm looking to part with my GC setup as it's not getting played, and likely to remain so.

Black GC (PAL)
    4 black Nintendo GC pads
    Mario Kart DD (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)
    Soul Calibur II (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)
    Mario Party 4 (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)
    Super Smash Bros (PAL, boxed, complete with instrs)

Everything in excellent nick, perfect working order (sticks, buttons, etc, etc.)

No local interest here (except for the chancers offerring £15 :rolleyes:), so off to eBay methinks. Thing is, I can't decide whether to sell it as one lot or piecemeal on eBay, as the end-of-auction valuations seem a bit all over the place at the moment, nor -if listing it as one lot- how much to start the auction at (on a free listing day)

What ya reckon? What would you do? :confused:

Well they are selling gamecubes in RAGE for 10 euro, I got a silver one the other day. Thats just the cube, no games or joypads and not boxed if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well they are selling gamecubes in RAGE for 10 euro, I got a silver one the other day. Thats just the cube, no games or joypads and not boxed if that helps.
    Not really :pac: but thanks for the post :)

Here (mainland UK), so far it looks like -
    GCs go for betwen £5 (console alone) and £10 (console, 1 pad, cables)
    individual Nintendo (not third party) pads go for between £5 and £8
    MKDD goes for between £7 and £9
    SCII goes for about £5
    SMSB goes for between £7 and £10
    MParty4 is a bit of an unknown, as it's supposedly rare + sought after, but prices I've seen are all over the place, between £5 and £25 :confused:

That's eBay end-of-auction/completed sales values (ignoring buy-it-now ones), which I've found more reliable an indication than CEX values.

Question is, am I more likely to get nearer the max value by selling as 1 lot, or by selling in bits (GC + 1 or 2 pads + SCII, then 2 remaining pads and 3 remaining games on their own)? I'm trying to get max value to buy additional black Wiimotes and MKWii, or some portable gaming goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

you probably would get the most by breaking it down into individual lots, but this means a lot more effort having to list everything separate, more listing fees and more p&p work. while all the games you are selling are good games none seem to make anything like the more sought after games. if you were selling twin snakes or twilight princess i would list that separate.

if i were you i would put it up as a buy it now or best offer listing for around 60 and see what happens. if you get bad offers you can always decline them. its a good package for somebody starting out on the gamecube path so you may well get it, if not split it up and list.
    hope my ramblings help and good luck with the sale:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

DickyC wrote: »
    if i were you i would put it up as a buy it now or best offer listing for around 60 and see what happens. if you get bad offers you can always decline them. its a good package for somebody starting out on the gamecube path so you may well get it, if not split it up and list.
    Thanks for that Dicky, think I'll give the above a go on the next free listing day :)

Advertisement