Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

excuses

• 24-03-2011 10:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭

a thread in which you can moan about the reasons why you're not taking good shots at the moment.

me:
    1) not getting out with the camera enough at all.
    2) laziness (see point 1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Just had my appendix out and now can't lift my camera :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There is dust on my Camera Strap. Ruins everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I have a fractured foot.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I can't find any shops that sell film for digital cameras. Not even online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    Just had my appendix out
    did you get any decent photos of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

College expects me to spend more time writing about my photos than it does taking them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Camera and lenses need expensive auto-focus recalibration :( Might head out with just the Lensbaby at the weekend though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Cause I lost these lads :(:(

2DD6C26360044ED5A0CDF4766834B944-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hubby was on tour the last month and I was working full time minding kiddies whenever home. :(
    Might get a little time over week-end between gigs (his), and then off he goes again next week. Humph. Missed my camera club night too, and probably going to miss the next one, do I get brownie points for that ?

Ah. Thanks for giving me a chance to get that off my chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Never. Enough. Gear.

This white-balance lens cap will fix everything, or that new totally weathersealed DSLR, or that 8x10 view camera made from neanderthals' femurs.

Yeah. The femurs one. Then I'll be able to take loads of good shots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

charybdis wrote: »
    Never. Enough. Gear.
    you are luke 'ming' flanagan, and i claim my €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Tallon wrote: »
    Cause I lost these lads :(:(

2DD6C26360044ED5A0CDF4766834B944-800.jpg

Feck. Disaster. What happened :eek:

FoxT wrote: »
    Feck. Disaster. What happened :eek:
    I literally just cannot find them.. They were in my camera bag... I check every second day even though I know they're not there :(

I do still have Danbo and Admiral Akbar though

Tallon wrote: »
    I literally just cannot find them..
    they are not the droids you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Eirebear wrote: »
    College expects me to spend more time writing about my photos than it does taking them!

I have almost the exact opposite problem, which, wonderful as it may seem, will still result in a crap grade if I'm not careful...

I also managed to dislocate my shoulder last week, which *kind of* limits me..

they are not the droids you are looking for.
    They are not the droids I am looking for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

sineadw wrote: »
    I have almost the exact opposite problem, which, wonderful as it may seem, will still result in a crap grade if I'm not careful...

I also managed to dislocate my shoulder last week, which *kind of* limits me..

Ouch! Hope you relocate it soon!

I've a feeling your grade will be grand though. Your not exactly lacking in the talent department.

I swear though, i dont want to see another god damned "workbook" as long as i live after the next couple of months! (unless of course my application for the final year goes through!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

a thread in which you can moan about the reasons why you're not taking good shots at the moment.
    The models say my nudity disturbs them. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

OldGoat wrote: »
    The models say my nudity disturbs them. :o

Terry Richardson, is that you ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I'm taking loads fantastic pictures; I just haven't got around to developing them yet.

And when I do I don't have a scanner so I won't be able to show them to anyone.

Limitless potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I have come down with an acute case of "Time and money sucking, attitude enriched offspring syndrome" add a new case from last December combine with busy job and add a dash of demanding wife.

Result (hanging head in shame) my doctor tells me I have a low photo count. He says that it can happen to anyone and that if I change my lifestyle there is nothing to stop me having a full photographic life ahead of me.

I asked would it help if he prescribed some new equipment, he declined and suggested that I focus on the cause of the problem. Therefore I plan at the weekend to direct my energies at my three causes of concern.

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Work, work, broken toe, work, torn ligament, work, work, holiday without any camera, work, lack of ideas, work.

It needs remedying, fast. Not this weekend though, I'm working...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm doing a PhD. That means I have no life. :mad:

Also, the weight of my current camera is making my back sore and turning photography into a chore, which it should never be. So fingers crossed picking up some lightweight gear in the US next week and having access to a brand spanking new city or 2 while I'm over there should fire me up a little! (One can only dream...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

Hangover :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Lack of inspiration.

Also laziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Same as Jim really.

Sick of dublin too - on the odd occasions I get out of it I get some nice shots but for now the camera is in the drawer. Until May - then we're off to NZ again so that should sort out the doldrums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'll be able to climb that mountain and take those spectacular mornning shots once i give up cigarettes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Weather is always a good excuse for not going:

It's overcast: "I wanted sun"
    It's sunny: "I wanted clouds"
    It's cloudy: "They're the wrong clouds"
    It's raining: "It's raining"
    It's clear: "It's too bright"
    It's snowing "It's too cold"
    Clouds are perfect: "It looks like it might rain"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

It turns out Mother was right and I finally did go blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I prefer to go out in company, with someone who knows more that me about photography!! (even though silence is golden when on my own:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I feel like everybody stares at me when I have my camera and this forces me to try to go to the most remote places to take photos.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Serious lack of money for petrol, not enough gear to keep up with shooting, or money to get gear...

Did 800 miles this week, mostly for shoots....not pocket friendly tho :( Still taking good shots though :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I can't find any shops that sell film for digital cameras. Not even online.

You need photoshop.. or an iphone with some apps :p:p:p

My excuse is laziness. I dont know why I would be lazy to do something I love? Though i'm always very very very happy I do go out.

Since I got a car.. Ive taken way more photos but petrol is another thing.. :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

I'm a fidgetty, self-conscious prick. I spend more time looking at everything and everyone around me, to see if they're giving me looks, than I do looking through the viewfinder.

That said, my peripheral vision is top notch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Reminds me of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

to busy making everyone else's pictures look good

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

final year, meant to be shooting loads... i'm just in a bad mood with cameras in general...not good at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

1) Cameras left in camera bag for the past 6 months(except for a few quick pics on Paddy's Day).
    2) Reinstalled OS on laptop recently and haven't bothered to install PS or Lightroom yet.
    3) I'm a chronic pain sufferer (discs in my upper spine are in a mess) and lugging camera gear doesn't appeal at the moment

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Predicting that I won't be able to produce as good pictures as I would love to :(
    (Rather not shooting, processing and uploading anything, than producing sh;te.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ignored my excuses today, threw some of my kit into a smaller bag and strapped my tripod to it.
    Off I ventured with hope in my eyes and excitement in my heart...

...and a camera bag without a single memory card.

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Want a gear upgrade to magically happen without me spending any money or putting any effort into it

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

left most of my cameras in Ireland (although they will be mailed soon!) when I moved due to logistics issues...and I have a ripped roll of film sitting in one that I have with me which will involve a complicated trip to a faraway photo lab to get sorted since I've no darkbag and it needs c41 hand developing :/

Advertisement