Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber

Options
  • 24-03-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a cheap but reliablie plumber to replace a hot water element?

How much would i expect to pay?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

hot water element as in an emersion

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

How old is ur cylinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

hot water element as in an emersion

Yea an immersion :)

dublingaa wrote: »
    How old is ur cylinder?

10 year maybe not to sure :)

I'm askin how old ur cylinder is because u can run into a few problems (just) replacing an immersion! I'm a plumber and it would cost about 100e for a plumber to remove an immersion, replace and rewire it

• Advertisement

Justask wrote: »
    10 year maybe not to sure :)

do it yourself :D

do it yourself :D

If i knew how it would have been done :/

Thanks

I'm askin how old ur cylinder is because u can run into a few problems (just) replacing an immersion! I'm a plumber and it would cost about 100e for a plumber to remove an immersion, replace and rewire it

100 euro :eek:

haha im in mayo and give me 100 and ill come up:D

The best thing that can happen is ur immersion comes out first time without any problems! The worst thing is it doesn't come out handy you need to apply some heat and with that u mite get pin holes in the cylinder which you mite be able to solder over( not recommended) so unfortunately you will have to replace the cylinder! Sorry if I'm being a bit negative but just so ur aware of wat can happen and if it does happen u won't feel like a plumber is tryin to rip u off!

• Advertisement

take out emersion and put in new one.simple

The best thing that can happen is ur immersion comes out first time without any problems! The worst thing is it doesn't come out handy you need to apply some heat and with that u mite get pin holes in the cylinder which you mite be able to solder over( not recommended) so unfortunately you will have to replace the cylinder! Sorry if I'm being a bit negative but just so ur aware of wat can happen and if it does happen u won't feel like a plumber is tryin to rip u off!

Ur a great help

Get yellow pages! Call about 5 different companies just to sus out prices! If u can't get anybody to do it give me a shout! Mite be able to do it or recommend someone

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

dublingaa, like most of Boards we don't allow text speak so could you kindly use your entire keyboard when posting in future please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Justask wrote: »
    100 euro :eek:

That's not actually bad, all things considered, can turn into a pain of a job.
    take out emersion and put in new one.simple
    You must not have changed many of them. If your lucky they just come out easily.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Like others have said. If goes easy fine. If not it may require changing the cylinder. So make sure it is the element. I maybe a switch or wiring problem.

Advertisement