Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can somebody recommend a USB soundcard?

• 24-03-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Whassup!

Need advice on what makes and model's I should be looking at for buying a soundcard.

Needs to have at least 3 if not inputs so that I can pulg in 2 midi controllers and another mixer for vinyl.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Links to what you'd recommend much appreciated.

How much should I be looking at spending?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Seems like you don't quite understand what a soundcard does.

MIDI controllers don't go into your soundcard, they go into your laptop.

I don't understand what you mean by "another mixer for vinyl", are you using a laptop with 2 controllers, and also a pure vinyl set up?

If you are, then you would set the vinyl up as normal, into 2 phono channels on the mixer (no soundcard needed for this), and then run the laptop into the other 1/2 channels on the mixer, depending on whether you're mixing internally or externally on the laptop.

I'd recommend the Audio 2 DJ, will give you 2 channels, it's sturdy, cheap, and has great sound quality.

If you only have 2 USB ports on your laptop you'll need a USB hub too (get a powered one). If you have 3, like Macbook Pros etc, you don't need one.

Advertisement