Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

medical/g.p card application

• 24-03-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, I just applied online for a medical card and based on our income and outgoings it says we may be entitled to a gp card...but my childcare is 150 euro per week but it my mil who minds them and i do not get receipts..she is and old age pensioner and gets the state pension..is there an issue with her getting this payment from me..if i do not put in any receipts will my application be denied?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would put it in writing that you pay this to a private person and sign it. I had something similar with my rent. I just got the estate agent to write that we were tenants and how much we paid without stating the landlady's name.

Haven't heard anything since though, just a text 3 weeks after we sent it in saying the received it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

And this is one of the reasons why we are in the state we're in. OP you MIL should pay tax on the income she receives from you, at least the USC as it is over the €4K threshold.

I find it disgusting that the "most vulnerable" in our society have ways to extract more from the exchequer than they are entitled to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

And this is one of the reasons why we are in the state we're in. OP you MIL should pay tax on the income she receives from you, at least the USC as it is over the €4K threshold.

I find it disgusting that the "most vulnerable" in our society have ways to extract more from the exchequer than they are entitled to.
    ...wow! eureka! here have we been blaming the likes of david drumm ans seani fitzpatrick and all along it was the army of toddler-hauling grannies wotdidit! lock them up! throw away the key! oh the depravity of it! the unfairness! the corruption!150euro a week untaxed between mother and son!never mind that both son and daughter in law have already paid full USC TAX and PRSI before they could even get theyre hands on the 150euro! never mind that only a half-brain would think that it is against the law for a man to give his own mother 150euros he and his missus have earned through gainfull employment! Nurse! the smelling-salts! its the grannies wot brought on the IMF....!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement