Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook and UCD internet

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Im having trouble with the ucd internet proxy settings and my macbook. The internet works perfectly in ucd but when i get home or to another wireless internet point, the web browser (safari and chrome) take 2-3 minutes to load. Chrome says it is "resolving proxy" during this time. This happens with different macbooks so a problem with the individual macbook.

Does anyone else have this problem and more importantly does anyone have a solution??
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

smndly wrote: »
    Im having trouble with the ucd internet proxy settings and my macbook. The internet works perfectly in ucd but when i get home or to another wireless internet point, the web browser (safari and chrome) take 2-3 minutes to load. Chrome says it is "resolving proxy" during this time. This happens with different macbooks so a problem with the individual macbook.

Does anyone else have this problem and more importantly does anyone have a solution??
    Thanks!!

Disable any autoconfig you have on the proxy settings

Select whatever manual settings are there (address 'proxy.ucd.ie' port '8484')
    Disable the manual settings at home.

Auto Proxy settings are pretty useless outside of the environment that there ment to be used in imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's a proxy problem as indicated above.

You need to create 2 separate locations in your network settings. One for "home" and one for "college". In the college setting the proxy should be turned on, in the home setting it should be turned off. You can switch between these two locations using the Apple menu.

More info about network locations in Mac OS X here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

It's a proxy problem as indicated above.

You need to create 2 separate locations in your network settings. One for "home" and one for "college". In the college setting the proxy should be turned on, in the home setting it should be turned off. You can switch between these two locations using the Apple menu.

More info about network locations in Mac OS X here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

If you don't know how to set it up ask the guys in Daedalus. They did it there for me in a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

thanks guys!! love boardsies :D

Advertisement