Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know dublin very well ?

Options
  • 24-03-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I have a bit of an organizational problemo here, it may seem quite simple to some of you. i don't know if it's because it actually is complex or my heads just ****in fried; i'm ususally good enough at this kind of stuff.

Anyway i'm taking part in a self defense course in dublin over the weekend and i cant seem to find any hostels close to pembroke street ballsbridge D4, i have found one in donnybrook which is in D4 also it looks close enough to pembroke street on the map, but it may not be. so the question is really would my best bet be to get a hostel in the city center because you can get to any where from the city center i'm assuming! :confused:

You see my biggest fears is that i will choose the wrong location to stay and end up having to pay a ****ing taxi ridiculous money in and out each day as it is a 2 day course?

I need to move around dublin cheap! and not being to complex either. Im trying to strike a balance here between affordability and simplicity, and i know nothing about Dublin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

hey, if you type 'hostels dublin' in to google maps you can get fair few around the city centre. theres one on 81-82 Marlborough Street (near o connell street) i remember passing and they were doing 7 nights for a 60 quid i think

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭purplehaze901

thanks man yeah i already have been looking at places and i found one ive stayed in called avalon house its in dublin city center but im wondering is it hard and expensive to get to ballsbridge from there does the luas go there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I would also advise staying in the city centre.
    I'm not sure of the bus numbers to Ballsbridge, I usually drive there but it is only a short hop from town - 10 mins from St Stephen's Green and would be either €1.65/€1.85 for your bus journey!
    barnacles is bang in the city centre and would be good as most bus stops are within a short walking distance.
    http://www.barnacles.ie/dublin-hostel-facilities.asp?gclid=CIvChpWm6KcCFUFC4QoduCB4Zw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Just hop on the dart from one of the city centre dart stations and go to Lansdowne road, and you can walk it from there, it'll take about 10-15 ish minutes (maybe a bit more depending on how fast you walk;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

thanks man yeah i already have been looking at places and i found one ive stayed in called avalon house its in dublin city center but im wondering is it hard and expensive to get to ballsbridge from there does the luas go there

If your destination is Pembroke Road, your best bet is to take one of the several buses that run through it.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=place&searchquery=Pembroke+Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

yep, I'd say that area is one of the best served bus routes going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭purplehaze901

thanks very much guys :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Slydice wrote: »
    yep, I'd say that area is one of the best served bus routes going:)

+1

4 and 7 from the city centre every few mins. Can get them on O' Connell st, College Green, Nassaeu St etc. There are also some other lower frequency routes on the same corridor.

Also DART and short walk is an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP, if your attending the course on Pembroke Rd and staying in Avolon house my advice would be to walk it.

At best probably 20-25 minutes from Avolon, and most of it very pleasant through 'The Green.

• Advertisement
Advertisement