Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

loads and loads of 2p.20.p and more coins help

• 24-03-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hi i have load of old coins not in brill condition so i know there not worth too much id say with a rough estimate there is over 500 pounds in value i know i can change this in dublin but i cant drive up and i would not even try bring them on the bus lol
    first question i know 2p coins have a small amount of copper/brass in them
    and 20 p,s have copper and yellow brass would it be worth selling them all to a scrap yard would they take them ??any help will be greatfull
    or does anyone else know what i could do with these coins . there are 4-5 builders buckets full. let over from a old aracde please help me :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Get them bagged into the lil cash bags they use in the banks. Put them into a small suitcase with wheels and get yourself to dublin. Nice few bob. :)

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

im not even sure how much they would way maybe 100kg ? trying to drag that in a suitcase thru dublin does not sound like fun:eek: lol i know its worth it for the money but would prefer if i coin collector wanted them or if i could scrap them if they worth anuthing to scrap .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The Central Bank on Dame Street is your only man.They would need to be bagged as another poster stated. You would get nothing for them as scrap and I should think no collector is going to want them. Bite the bullet and give the Central Bank a bell.

More info here: http://www.centralbank.ie/frame_main.asp?pg=ncn_comm.asp&nv=ncn_nav.asp

The Central Bank on Dame Street is your only man.They would need to be bagged as another poster stated. You would get nothing for them as scrap and I should think no collector is going to want them. Bite the bullet and give the Central Bank a bell.

More info here: http://www.centralbank.ie/frame_main.asp?pg=ncn_comm.asp&nv=ncn_nav.asp

i was hoping ,maybe a collector would want them maybe to sell at like car boot sales lol yeah i think so far the bank is the best option :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well you could always try advertising them on Adverts first, and selling them for face or even below as it would save you all the hassle if you can get someone near you to pick them up.

• Advertisement

yeah good idea blade so iv put them up on adverts to see what happens :)

Advertisement