Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv modulator

Options
  • 25-03-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Im looking to link my cctv pictures into my terrestrial tv's around the house and was told to get a modulator, but the instructions aren't much cop. Can anyone tell me how you work out what channel you need to set the modulator to, my house is in the Malahide area if that makes any difference.
    Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

I presume its an RF modulater. It needs to be connected into the Input of your amplifier / booster box, usually loacted between your aeriel and ur TV. Then I believe u have to tune ur TV channel to the correct frequency under UHF probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wolseley

From what i can workout i think i have to programme the modulator to a spare channel first and then tune the tv's to that frequency but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

Yeah..this is probably so u don't interfere with any of the terestrial channels that are setup. Same as the Sky eye type setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Pick a channel that is not used and set the modulator to that channel.
    Or set the mod to 25 and try tune it in, if it works great, if not move up 2 channels.
    You should keep the mod 2 channels away from everything elas to avoid interference

Advertisement