Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Rant

Options
  • 25-03-2011 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Heya Boards. Need to get this off my chest.

8MB NGB down
    .5MB up
    30GB allowence
    + Phone

for €56 per month

--

Who thinks that this package is a joke?? How can eircom provide this??

America is providing better broadband at half the price of eircom, why can't they do the same??

I feel like that my money is pouring out of my bank account and into eircom's pocket and I am getting no justice what-so-ever! I can't even afford to pay this month's bill.

I really wish eircom can provide a decent service. This 30GB limit is not enough for anyone anymore, yes this would have been great 10 years ago when we were on Dial-Up. But this is 2011, Broadband has become a part of people's lives and 30GB caps are not doing justice

Please eircom, reduce your prices and increase your download caps and give something back to the customers. No one cares for your "StudyHub". No one cares for your "Setanta Sports". No one cares for your "MusicHub".

eircom, please respond to this thread and think about your business plan. Thanks!

/rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to eircom forum since you want them to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 psychosax

8MB NGB down
    .5MB up
    30GB allowence
    + Phone

for €56 per month

--

America is providing better broadband at half the price of eircom, why can't they do the same??

I feel like that my money is pouring out of my bank account and into eircom's pocket and I am getting no justice what-so-ever! I can't even afford to pay this month's bill.

I really wish eircom can provide a decent service. This 30GB limit is not enough for anyone anymore, yes this would have been great 10 years ago when we were on Dial-Up. But this is 2011, Broadband has become a part of people's lives and 30GB caps are not doing justice

Please eircom, reduce your prices and increase your download caps and give something back to the customers. No one cares for your "StudyHub". No one cares for your "Setanta Sports". No one cares for your "MusicHub".

eircom, please respond to this thread and think about your business plan. Thanks!

/rant

while u might not think its a good deal, I presume you thought this before signing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

8MB NGB down
    .5MB up
    30GB allowence
    + Phone

for €56 per month

--

/rant

Hi VampiricPadraig
    I take your point and agree that customer's broadband needs are changing very fast. In this vain we are currently involved in improving our broadband service. Eircom has expanded it's broadband reach and speeds over the past few years but further expansion is necessary and eircom are committed to this.

Regarding pricing, eircom works within a regulated telecoms market and are bound by pricing regulations. These regulations are in place to aid competition within this market.

I am sorry you feel that no one cares about StudyHub, MusicHub and SportsHub, these services may not be of interest to all I agree but are very popular, helpful and valuable services for many others.
    Thanks for your post and if you have any further questions just post her
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Regarding pricing, eircom works within a regulated telecoms market and are bound by pricing regulations. These regulations are in place to aid competition within this market.

Is line rental within this or can that be set independently?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Hi VampiricPadraig
    I take your point and agree that customer's broadband needs are changing very fast. In this vain we are currently involved in improving our broadband service. Eircom has expanded it's broadband reach and speeds over the past few years but further expansion is necessary and eircom are committed to this.

I am sorry you feel that no one cares about StudyHub, MusicHub and SportsHub, these services may not be of interest to all I agree but are very popular, helpful and valuable services for many others.
    Thanks for your post and if you have any further questions just post her
    Tony

Who is this crowd that regulates the prices for ISP's???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I don't know how you could say such a thing! The video grinds are worth over €3000!! They are so helpful and the best thing is is that they are free! A lot of people (including one of my friends) have declined vodafone's and 3's offers to join them because they can avail of "StudyHub" with eircom. On the other hand, you probably don't have no children who will benefit from this so it doesn't really apply to you. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

VampiricPadraig i was exactly the same, ive been with em since 2005, and its very simple : JUST CANCEL

thats what i did in December just gone. they had me on a 3mb package, they switched me to their joke of a NGB and charged me for it,and on top of that they charged me for excessive cap usage ,in which they never even gave proper notice to me that they were doing this, it just showed up on my bill.

cancelled straight away, and if everyone cancelled then they would have no customers, and then hopefully we can get rid of them for good and it will make room for a company who don't rob people blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Seriously 30GB?? Im with UPC, got 8MB down, .9MB up and 100GB allowance + Phone + TV for €68 <-- but that package doesnt exist anymore.
    They have 20GB down 2GB up(I think) Phone (anytime calls to 21 countries) and TV for €72 now tho. You should seriously consider it, but before you do ask anyone in you area with UPC about their service there cos in some areas UPC aint so good..

PS I don't work for UPC :p

EDIT: Oops yeah, Mb/s not Gb haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

You mean your on 20Mb/s package not GB/S :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Seriously 30GB?? Im with UPC, got 8MB down, .9MB up and 100GB allowance + Phone + TV for €68 <-- but that package doesnt exist anymore.
    They have 20GB down 2GB up(I think) Phone (anytime calls to 21 countries) and TV for €72 now tho. You should seriously consider it, but before you do ask anyone in you area with UPC about their service there cos in some areas UPC aint so good..

PS I don't work for UPC :p

EDIT: Oops yeah, Mb/s not Gb haha :p

Bad news, UPC is not my area, and other ISP's are too dear!
    And Midband is bad in my area :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

i agree vampire im on same package as yours and i find it ****e.im on 8mb ngb and im getting 4mb downloads and its not worthed.i regret signing up back in december and will be leaving in december again...even the usage meter isnt accurate enough as it resets on the start of every month even tho my billing date is 2 wks b4 it resets so i dont know what my usage really is...and no pirate bay is a joke too

Advertisement