Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hats off to the Japs.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Can't beat their simple tech with high spec manufacturing.
    My old NX650 was laid up in the shed since 02, I decided to reinstate it and drained the oil and cleaned the carb stuck an old 7ah battery I had lying around in it and pushed the button.
    6 whizz thumps and she lit up no bother at all.
    I have to say you might get better performance from water cooled engines but the old Honda air cooled singles are as reliable as a hammer.
    I do think that the quality of their product has suffered since production moved to Italy and Spain but thats more in terms of materials and fasteners than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Dose anyone know the state of affairs in Japan at the moment with bike companies?

I know Toyota and Nissan got a fair hammering with factories and stock wiped out. Most of the factories in Tokyo and surrounding Prefectures are still on a power roster. I know some of the smaller Hondas and scooters are produced in China and Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Dose anyone know the state of affairs in Japan at the moment with bike companies?

I know Toyota and Nissan got a fair hammering with factories and stock wiped out. Most of the factories in Tokyo and surrounding Prefectures are still on a power roster. I know some of the smaller Hondas and scooters are produced in China and Brazil.

Maybe significant number of bikes in the European Market made in Europe? E.g. I know that the Honda Deauville is made in Spain?

Not that this helps you in the Asian market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

I actually don't particularly like jap----anese bikes at all.

I prefer italian.....but from my point of view there is no denying that the products they provide (for the most part) raise the standards and if they weren't around I would probably be breaking down every five minutes with "really ****ty electrics" as opposed to "hit and miss electrics" or cursing flaky rockers on a full time basis as opposed to once every couple of years etc.

having said that I occasionally get a hankering for that kawasaki ninja in mental hooligan lime green with the twin undertail exhausts or a cbr 1000rr in hrc colour scheme that I have to quickly quash and dismiss as a momentary lapse in good taste and decorum:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

old hippy wrote: »
    Ten out of ten for sentiment but minus several million for repeated use of the term "japs".

:(

If memory serves me correctly didn't you pull this Jap sh*t in AH very recently too..

Tried searching, but unfortunetly boards.ie now has the worse search engine in the history of the god damned internet.

Way to derail a thread, bleed'n hippys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If memory serves me correctly didn't you pull this Jap sh*t in AH very recently too..

Tried searching, but unfortunetly boards.ie now has the worse search engine in the history of the god damned internet.

that new search thing is pretty terrible alright.

Back on topic. Enjoy the nods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71175172

Its not that bad of a search function. His recent comments about "West Brit" being offensive are far more hilarious though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

he did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

amacca wrote: »
    I actually don't particularly like jap----anese bikes at all.

I prefer italian.....but from my point of view there is no denying that the products they provide (for the most part) raise the standards and if they weren't around I would probably be breaking down every five minutes with "really ****ty electrics" as opposed to "hit and miss electrics" or cursing flaky rockers on a full time basis as opposed to once every couple of years etc.

having said that I occasionally get a hankering for that kawasaki ninja in mental hooligan lime green with the twin undertail exhausts or a cbr 1000rr in hrc colour scheme that I have to quickly quash and dismiss as a momentary lapse in good taste and decorum:D
    My ex was the same, wanted a Duke for years and when she finally got one (916 SP2) four years ago and it was nothing but hassle between electrical and mechanical faults although it was a very clean low mileage machine.). She is still trying to move it and has now gone back to Jap and intends to stay that way. I had my experience with several Duke's in the late 80's. They are nothing more than a glorified Fiat on two wheels. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

My ex was the same, wanted a Duke for years and when she finally got one (916 SP2) four years ago and it was nothing but hassle between electrical and mechanical faults although it was a very clean low mileage machine.). She is still trying to move it and has now gone back to Jap and intends to stay that way. I had my experience with several Duke's in the late 80's. They are nothing more than a glorified Fiat on two wheels. :p

yeah...but fiat never made a cars as beautiful as my bikes.

if machines could make me horny!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Ye know, for a Mod, ye don't have much cop.

Defend the casual offensiveness all you like; I imagine you haven't been exposed to the wider world out there.

The "Jap sh*t" is something I've fought against for years & will continue to do so. Regardless of accusations of PC gone mad and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Defend the casual offensiveness all you like; I imagine you haven't been exposed to the wider world out there.

The "Jap sh*t" is something I've fought against for years & will continue to do so. Regardless of accusations of PC gone mad and so on.

A mod is only a regular poster outside their forum.
    And Makikomi served this country in the "wider world" in the military, what have you done?

This is the motorbike forum. And still you've not posted a single post on bikes, do you own a bike? Even a scooter? Or plan to buy one? I'm not a regular poster in this forum (but read everything) and I definitely don't recognize you in here.

I posted on Hondas.
    Others posted on Suzuki bikes and others can post on Yamaha or Kawasaki bikes

Humanities is the perfect forum for your little topic, stroll over there son

A mod is only a regular poster outside their forum.
    And Makikomi served this country in the "wider world" in the military, what have you done?

This is the motorbike forum. And still you've not posted a single post on bikes, do you own a bike? Even a scooter? Or plan to buy one? I'm not a regular poster in this forum (but read everything) and I definitely don't recognize you in here.

I posted on Hondas.
    Others posted on Suzuki bikes and others can post on Yamaha or Kawasaki bikes

Humanities is the perfect forum for your little topic, stroll over there son

One doesn't have to don a uniform to serve.

Does it matter that I don't own a hog? You who don't post regular, crying that I ain't a regular?

I caught one or two posters out on terminology - none of which could man up and admit their mistake. Instead, I got the tired bla bla about being pc.

Fine, if that's their thing - who am I to change the stick in the mud.

I commended the sentiment here; still do. But fukc you if you think that some words are cool because that's the way you always said 'em.

Not cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You should really hear what the lads shortened my Kawasaki's name to. I think you would love it.

Is their any news on the production lines and factory's? Would hate to see any company go under and its not a good time worldwide to begin .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

NO MORE OFF TOPIC POSTING!

OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND THIS THREAD CLEANED UP IF THIS CONTIUES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPORATION.

You should really hear what the lads shortened my Kawasaki's name to. I think you would love it.

Is their any news on the production lines and factory's? Would hate to see any company go under and its not a good time worldwide to begin .

If you've followed the economy in that part of the world, I'm sure you'll be very much aware that many companies have been going under since the start of the collapse of the good times, back in '93.

Nobody, sure yerself included, wants to see any long established & well regarded names die a death.

I'm sure the lads have a very clever name for your K. I always remember the intelligence involved with that kinda thing. Neh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

If you've followed the economy in that part of the world, I'm sure you'll be very much aware that many companies have been going under since the start of the collapse of the good times, back in '93.

Nobody, sure yerself included, wants to see any long established & well regarded names die a death.

I'm sure the lads have a very clever name for your K. I always remember the intelligence involved with that kinda thing. Neh?

Are you a biker?

Do you have an interest in discussing Japanese motorcycles???

If not please get the fvck out of this thread you irritating cvnt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Are you a biker?

Do you have an interest in discussing Japanese motorcycles???

If not please get the fvck out of this thread you irritating cvnt!!!

See my warning above.

Actually, It hink this thread needs to be locked.

I don't see it getting back on topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement