Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avoiding the boredom (Large pics)

• 25-03-2011 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

EXCEPT MULTIPLAYER!

Recently I find myself getting quite bored of Minecraft, so I've been trying out some puzzle maps and the like. Some are great fun, but don't last too long.

So I came across a special map creator. I play it on Normal, and it's a insane challenge.
    It creates the world as a desert, with very little resources. The only wood you will find, is around random oasis' that are very, very hard to come by. The minerals are only near lava (from what I've found so far) still haven't found coal! :(
    The land is riddled with Volcano's, large mountains, and underground temples/ruins, with traps and treasure!!! It's great fun! :D
    Here are some pictures.

Practically 99% of the map (still plenty of the other stuff though)

ikfxDm.png

I luckily found an oasis, and established a little base hidden in the sand.

ikfzLu.png

ikjMzI.png

ikf6jI.png

No pics of any of the ruins yet, will be exploring some tomorrow. :)

What do you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 irishstoner

Where can I find this creator? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DeanH544

Wow that looks awesome :D
    Can you give a link to the creator? :) or a name for it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

Stupid of me not to share the creator.
    Here you go: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1022&t=160139&sid=5698262ebea437abe63fbf202dd42b16

Here are some Sandstone ruins I explored. I'm still yet to find coal so I had to be on peaceful and some are very dark.

im0dMM.png

im0bEE.png

im0EaY.png

A beautiful water feature (pics hard to see)

imwpo2.png

A sand trap, step on this and you fall to your death.

im0Gjg.png

A glass structure, very nice looking.

imvCSi.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

This looks amazing O.O

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Wow, man, this looks great! I'm playing a normal version in a single mode and I'm getting bored too. My world consists mostly of mountains and forests. There's just the same view all around my base. Thanks for the link, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Building a map atm for it.. This may take a while o.o

Advertisement