Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my choices?

Options
  • 25-03-2011 3:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey everyone,
    Im an 18 year old student...i work part time and am living at home...alot of family problems have been going around the last few months and my mother is kicking me out...i was wondering if i am intitled to any form of rent allowence or anything of the sort..i did not get a grant for college and this is gonna cost me another 2000 grand next year, i can not afford to pay rent on top of this...i have no idea what to do next. Any advice would be great
    thanks,
    Mr Locke

p.s if this thread in the wrong place sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

maybe you could try the citizens advice bureau or see if your college offers any type of support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

2 million a year is a lot for college, what are you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Do a search of the State Benefits forum. Rent Allowance comes up there regularly.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Mr Locke wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Im an 18 year old student...i work part time and am living at home...alot of family problems have been going around the last few months and my mother is kicking me out...i was wondering if i am intitled to any form of rent allowence or anything of the sort..i did not get a grant for college and this is gonna cost me another 2000 grand next year, i can not afford to pay rent on top of this...i have no idea what to do next. Any advice would be great
    thanks,
    Mr Locke

p.s if this thread in the wrong place sorry.

apologise to your mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Get in contact with your local CWO to ask about rent allowance.
    Also, talk with someone in student support in college. There are other options other than private rented accomodation if you don't feel ready to live alone.Check out supported lodgings like YMCA. Here's the site for Dublin. http://sites.google.com/site/ymcadublin/supportedaccomodation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr Locke

2 million a year is a lot for college, what are you studying?

sorry but where did i say 2 million?

thanks for the advice guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

this is gonna cost me another 2000 grand next year,
    sorry but where did i say 2 million?

2000 grand = 2,000,000 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

djmcr wrote: »
    apologise to your mother

I agree with this.

Sorting out your problems with your mother (even if you have to "fake apologise") is in your best short-, medium- and long-term interests.

Advertisement