Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer for alot of prints - advice?

Options
  • 25-03-2011 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hope this is correct forum.
    If i was to print off 100 r 200 posters per week, which kind of printer would be best?

Also what kind of prices to run the printer.

I know inkjet uses alot of ink but how does a laser printer work and how often do you have to change parts in it or what?

Which would be best option if i was to print 100/200 a2 and a3 colour prints.

Would it cost alot print that many, seeing as printer companies can do it for cheap enough....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

If your planning to print between 100 to 200 a week your better looking for a digital printer to do for you rather then printing at home unless your willing to throw down some serious money for a good printer. You'd want something like the Canon Primax 9000 mark II which goes for around the 400 euro mark at least for but you'd be forking out a hell of alot each week for ink as it would cost over 100 euro to replace all the ink tanks. A colour A3 laser jet printer good enough for posters would set you back at least 1000 if not more, you'd certainly be able to print more pages but the toner would be expensive when you did need to replace it....all of that is just to get up to A3 if you want to print at A2 you'd need a large format printer that will set you back some serious cash. It's a massive investment and also takes up a huge amount of space [I've an A3 printer and the thing is huge] so unless your looking to set up as a printer yourself your better trying to forge a good friendship with a printer who would hopefully do you a deal if your going to be printing so regularly.

Advertisement